Windows 10: Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps

Discus and support Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been having this problem where my machine will hard shutdown instead of sleep. I'm running: Windows 10 Home ASUS Prime B350 Plus Mobo Ryzen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GeoffBurtner, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps

I've been having this problem where my machine will hard shutdown instead of sleep. I'm running:

• Windows 10 Home
    • ASUS Prime B350 Plus Mobo
    • Ryzen 1700X

I've seen this issue with some googling and I've tried the following fixes:

• Updated to the most recent BIOS v5602
    • Updated the chipset drivers release 2.05.04.352
    • Played around with every power option setting that I've been able to find a discussion on

The solution that seems to help most people is updating the IMEI drivers...but since I'm not running Intel I don't have those.

What is going on? Is this just something I'm going to have to live with? Is there some way I can force an actual sleep through the command prompt?

:)

GeoffBurtner, Feb 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps

Windows 10 Laptop-PC, will not go to sleep mode. But it shutsdown the system when ever I click on sleep or close the lid

Lenovo Z51-70 Windows 10. OS has been updated, also all drivers. When I click on sleep, it shutsdown the system instead os sleep. If I close the lid of the laptop, also it goes to sleep. I have checked all possible settings in the power option, all seems
    to be fine.

I have also tried to put the system to hibernate, still the system wont go to hibernate mode. It straight away shuts down. Please help

BalasubramaniyanSundaresan, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps

1. Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps - Similar Threads - Computer Shutsdown Instead

2. laptop shutsdown not properly instead of sleeping when I close the lid, then re open it....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop shutsdown not properly instead of sleeping when I close the lid, then re open it....: Hello, I want some help to fix this issue: my laptop shutdown and gets stuck instead of sleeping when I close the lid.I have an HPVictus laptop windows 11I tried the following:1. change power plan settings sleep, hibernate, etc played with values and still doesnt work2. did...
  3. laptop shutsdown not properly instead of sleeping when I close the lid, then re open it....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop shutsdown not properly instead of sleeping when I close the lid, then re open it....: Hello, I want some help to fix this issue: my laptop shutdown and gets stuck instead of sleeping when I close the lid.I have an HPVictus laptop windows 11I tried the following:1. change power plan settings sleep, hibernate, etc played with values and still doesnt work2. did...
  4. Instead of sleeping, computer shows picture?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Instead of sleeping, computer shows picture?: Hello,When I put windows 10 to sleep, it does not sleep, but shows one of the those landscape pictures it shows when turning on???The only way I can put to sleep is if I then press the space bar, then it prompts me for a password, then, on the lower right of the screen, I can...
  5. Cortana broken? No longer sleeps or shutsdown pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana broken? No longer sleeps or shutsdown pc.: I used to tell it to shutdown and put my laptop to sleep, or even restart when I was too tire and just taking a nap on my room. But now it wont do those things, it says it cant do it on my device. I'm running 10 home 20H2 OS build 19042.685 I would appreciate any help....
  6. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  7. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  8. Computer Randomly shutsdown

Computer Randomly shutsdown: Hi there, Recently my computer has randomly frozen for a second and then restarted itself, sometimes multiple times a day. Just starting today, sometime it might not even start up and instead ask to repair windows. I have reinstalled windows but the problem keeps happening....
  9. Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping

Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping: Since October (the October update, I think), my computer is shutting down instead of sleeping. Trouble shooter or other solutions I have found here not working. (Reason #465 I wish I could have control over these awful updates.) Suggestions? Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version...
  10. Computer shutsdown randomly

Computer shutsdown randomly: Alright, as per title my pc justs shutsdown randomly and then comes back ON again. It has happened few times now, I have checked all cables and wiring, everything seems to be in place as it should be. Any guesses what could be the cause of it? Cheers 68441