Windows 10: Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes

Discus and support Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been having a problem recently where when I don't interact with it for anywhere from 5-20 minutes it will shut down unexpectedly and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChandlerSpain, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes

My computer has been having a problem recently where when I don't interact with it for anywhere from 5-20 minutes it will shut down unexpectedly and reboot. Temperatures appear to be fine, I have bought a new SSD, ram and power troubleshooting has showed no signs of failing hardware, I've done sfc /scannow, I've changed my power settings to never hibernate, there are no error messages on any of my drivers, and my latest fix has been to disable three different c-state settings in my bios.I can prevent my computer from shutting down by running an auto clicker and having it click somewhere every

:)

ChandlerSpain, Jul 17, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes :confused:*Mad Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jul 17, 2021
  3. my computer shuts down then reboots about every 5 to 7 minutes - all by itself. any suggestions on a problem.

My desktop computer shuts down and reboots all by itself about every 5-7 minutes. My computer guy said that all the hardware is fine and that I need to reinstall windows 10. any suggestions.

WilliamRaaker, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes

Win 10 Creator use over 5 minute for Shutdown and Restart

Hi,

One possible reason why your computer is taking too long to shut down and restart is due to power settings. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried those troubleshooting steps?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes

1. Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes - Similar Threads - Computer shutting down

2. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  3. MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES: BEFORE TOTALLY SHUTTING DOWN, THE FF WORDS APPEARS ON MY LAP TOP.Stop code:KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed:Ndu.sysYour kind technical advice is highly appreciated.Best regards,Arnel...
  4. my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed: when i close my laptop lid it shuts down in about 5 minutes. why is it doing this? usually it sleeps until it runs out of charge and my charge was fine...
  5. my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed: when i close my laptop lid it shuts down in about 5 minutes. why is it doing this? usually it sleeps until it runs out of charge and my charge was fine...
  6. my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later: I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up problem was finally fixed by a local tech support company's technician when he reverted my Windows back to version Windows...
  8. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later: I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up problem was finally fixed by a local tech support company's technician when he reverted my Windows back to version Windows...
  9. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes: I have Windows 10 Pro and last year this happened and now it is happening again. It shuts down every 5-7 minutes all by itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-about-every-5-7-minutes/079f5970-0d01-4a0c-a4e3-ec6ef354445e