Windows 10: Computer shutting off.

Discus and support Computer shutting off. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I need help!! i recently purchased a oculos rift s and ever since my computer is randomly turning off. i am conviced this is something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CollinShort, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Computer shutting off.

Hello everyone, I need help!! i recently purchased a oculos rift s and ever since my computer is randomly turning off. i am conviced this is something to do with windows as my power management keeps going back and fowarth on high performance and balanced. I have removed my laptop battery and i have cleaned it out.

I dont know what to do at this point. Please help me!!

:)

CollinShort, Dec 28, 2019
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Dec 28, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Computer Shuts Down

Hi Austin,

If your computer shuts down unexpectedly when the battery is at 50%, it is possible that the battery is defective or that the drivers of the battery is incompatible with Windows 10 version 1709. For us to isolate the issue about shutting down when the battery
    is at 50%, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is your computer new? Or, is it an old computer upgraded to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you checked if the driver for your battery is updated? If not, kindly do so.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Computer shutting off.

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Computer shutting off.

1. Computer shutting off. - Similar Threads - Computer shutting off

2. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  3. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  4. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  6. Computer randomly shuts off.

Computer randomly shuts off.: Hi everyone. My pc randomly shuts off. To get some stuff out of the way: It's not an overheating issue. Thermal paste + 6 Arctis coolers There's no dust in the pc Windows and gpu drivers are up to date Nothing is overclocked There are no viruses in the pc, windows defender...
  7. computer shuts off

computer shuts off: I have an RCA yes I know RCA, tablet with windows 10.It will unexpectedly turn off then come back on several times a day.This is the first time having any problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-off/60becf87-c133-4fd8-b6e0-2df2d2c09e6c
  8. Computer shuts off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts off: My computer stays powered and is properly wired. When i use the mouse it stays on but anytime i hit a key on the keyboard to put in my password the computer powers itself off...
  9. My Computer randomly shuts off

My Computer randomly shuts off: Everyday about 1 to 5 minutes after I starting my computer , My computer shuts off, Then afterwards when i try to start my computer again, nothing appears on my monitor even though The computer is clearly on, after a few minutes of being on but with a black screen my computer...
  10. Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo: I have a Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. This isn't the first time I've installed Windows 10 on this computer (I was having issues with a corrupted operating system before, so I've reinstalled Windows several times). Basically, I managed to get Windows 10 to install...