Windows 10: Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted

Discus and support Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Computer sign in uses an email that has been deleted and computer won't let me change it.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Breanna Jones, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted

Computer sign in uses an email that has been deleted and computer won't let me change it.

:)

Breanna Jones, Apr 6, 2023

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Apr 6, 2023
  3. How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 APP 2023

There are tons of suggested email addresses that show up in a drop down menu when I am starting to type an email address into the "To:" field, when composing a new email, in Windows 10 app. They are not listed on my contacts. How can I delete these so that only the ones I use often show up? Redirecting.
    This thread is obsolete, and the steps DO NOT apply.

When following step 1) you begin typing the email address to have the suggested emails pop up - and you cannot right click, select, open contact properties at all.

When following step 2) This step is entirely ignorant of the fact that these "suggested" emails that pop up - are NOT in the contacts list.

Can someone please explain how to remove this woefully annoying "Suggested" contact, with a current method, please?

Matty_annoyed_user, Apr 6, 2023
  4. Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted

Email addresses being retained in private browsing

Using Firefox private browsing.

Went into a website yesterday for the first time. When I clicked into the 'Sign In' box, there was a dropdown list of several email addresses that have been used on this laptop at different times, but never with this site. These were hotmail and gmail addresses. I was not logged in to google at the time, nor to anything else. I tried to delete these email addresses from the 'Sign In' box but they will not delete.

This also happens on other sites including facebook. Only 2 emails have ever been used on the laptop to log in to facebook, yet it automatically offers four or five. All the ones offered are ones used by me, but I have never saved them on any website login.

I believe that private browsing should not save anything when a session ends, so I do not understand why these email addresses are showing. It seems that they are being stored somewhere on the laptop but I have no idea where to look for them to delete them.

A second laptop, that also uses private browsing on Firefox,does not have this same problem so it is something about the specific laptop.

Any suggestions welcomed

SaggyMaggyPoo, Apr 6, 2023
Thema:

Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted

1. Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted - Similar Threads - Computer sign uses

2. Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted: Computer sign in uses an email that has been deleted and computer won't let me change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sign-in-uses-a-google-email-address-that/db64042b-faa2-475d-91c4-c656e34e1f23
  3. Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sign in uses a Google email address that has been deleted: Computer sign in uses an email that has been deleted and computer won't let me change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sign-in-uses-a-google-email-address-that/db64042b-faa2-475d-91c4-c656e34e1f23
  4. My email has been changed to a rambler.ru address by hacker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My email has been changed to a rambler.ru address by hacker: My computer was recently hacked and my account’s email got changed from a gmail address to an @rambler.ru one.I managed to get the account back by filling out the account verification form. I couldn’t change my email back to gmail address, since it takes 30 days to verify and...
  5. Old email address still used as sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old email address still used as sign-in?: I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?...
  6. Old email address still used as sign-in?

Old email address still used as sign-in?: I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?...
  7. My email address has been corrupted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My email address has been corrupted: People are receiving emails from my email address allegedly from DVLA, to pay driving licence. Is there anything you can do to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-email-address-has-been-corrupted/87888a50-ebed-4005-bf4f-de010d48b511
  8. <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user: W10 Accounts, Family and other users : is preventing me from "adding someone else to this PC". I had created a local user XYZ with Account Type "Administrator", ie without a Microsoft Account, then signed in OK. Later while using new Microsoft Edge, I signed into my...
  9. <email@address>has already been added to this PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    <email@address>has already been added to this PC: W10 Accounts, Family and other users : is preventing me from "adding someone else to this PC". I had created a local user XYZ with Account Type "Administrator", ie without a Microsoft Account, then signed in OK. Later while using new Microsoft Edge, I signed into my...
  10. Google Calendar uses old email address

Google Calendar uses old email address: This behaviour applies to other calendar apps on my Android phone as well. I used to have an iBurst email address. I cannot remember if I used a calendar app on my Android phone while I was iBurst. Years ago I switched from iBurst to ADSL and created a GMail address. I...