Windows 10: Computer signs out of everything when restarted

Discus and support Computer signs out of everything when restarted in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I get signed out of my computer every time it restarts, and my Chrome comes up as if I signed out of everything. It nearly looks like I've just started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/neytirijaded, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Computer signs out of everything when restarted

I get signed out of my computer every time it restarts, and my Chrome comes up as if I signed out of everything. It nearly looks like I've just started up a new computer. When it restarts my folders are also moved around. What's going on?

submitted by /u/neytirijaded
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/neytirijaded, Sep 15, 2020
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Sep 15, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Computer signs out of everything when restarted

Cortana NOT working. Cant sign into Microsoft account! Brand new computer, less then 24 hours old.

Hi Stacy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to sign out from your current user account, restart your system and try login again in your Microsoft Account.

Also you may refer the below link:

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-live/sign-in-cant

I also suggest you to follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to deploy the System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue.
    Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Computer signs out of everything when restarted

1. Computer signs out of everything when restarted - Similar Threads - Computer signs everything

2. Sign-in screen not appearing when restarting computer, only when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in screen not appearing when restarting computer, only when coming out of sleep mode: I've just configured a new computer to have two users. When the computer comes out of sleep mode, the following sign-in screen is displayed, displaying both users and defaulting to the one who was last logged in: However, if I restart the computer or switch it off and on...
  3. Sign-in screen not appearing when restarting computer, only when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign-in screen not appearing when restarting computer, only when coming out of sleep mode: I've just configured a new computer to have two users. When the computer comes out of sleep mode, the following sign-in screen is displayed, displaying both users and defaulting to the one who was last logged in: However, if I restart the computer or switch it off and on...
  4. Sign-in screen not appearing when restarting computer, only when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Does restarting a computer delete everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does restarting a computer delete everything?: I am having some pc issues and wondered if restarting would help, but I don't know if restarting deletes everything, or it stays the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-restarting-a-computer-delete-everything/5a278115-98ed-415a-9950-3b49e20fd7dd
  6. Getting logged out of everything after restarting.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting logged out of everything after restarting.: I just reset my computer recently and for some reason, everything gets logged out after restarting my computer(onedrive, adobe, chrome)? I read somewhere its a bug from version 2004 but I have already update to 20h2. Any idea how do I fix this? submitted by /u/ZedNg...
  7. Windows 10 Signs me out then restarts my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Signs me out then restarts my computer: Sometimes I will get a popup that says "Windows will Sign you out in less than a minute" but then it restarts my whole laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-signs-me-out-then-restarts-my-computer/1a055248-ed8d-4aa4-958c-b27fa4ec9e16
  8. COMPUTER RANDOMLY RESTARTED AND DELETED EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPUTER RANDOMLY RESTARTED AND DELETED EVERYTHING: For the third time, my computer restarted and I lost everything. ALL of my desktop apps and taskbar items were gone. My background was gone as well. All of my downloads, documents, picture folders are empty. My browers all have reset and I have lost all of my saved links,...
  9. Signed out of everything on reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signed out of everything on reboot: I have an issue that every time I reboot windows 10 pro, I am signed out of many of my accounts which require me to sign in again. My google account on chrome, adobe, zoom and Microsoft all require signing in before I can use. This is particularly a problem with the Adobe...
  10. My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...: My computer OS is windows 10. I try to shutdown normally but my computer doesn't turn off. Then I have to cut down the electricity to turn off the computer . p/s: Sorry I'm not good at English....