Windows 10: Computer sleep

Discus and support Computer sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; With Windows 10 Edition 1903 installed, is it possible to set a desktop computer to go to sleep? I can only find a 'sleep' setting for my display.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Novice99OX, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Computer sleep

With Windows 10 Edition 1903 installed, is it possible to set a desktop computer to go to sleep? I can only find a 'sleep' setting for my display.

:)

Novice99OX, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Oct 11, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Computer sleep

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer sleep

1. Computer sleep - Similar Threads - Computer sleep

2. How can I keep my USB systems awake when I put my computer to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I keep my USB systems awake when I put my computer to sleep?: I have only recently converted to W11 Pro from W10 Pro. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse linked via a receiver plugged into a USB port on my monitor. While I was using W10 I could put the system to sleep and later wake it merely by moving the mouse or hitting a key on the...
  3. How can I keep my USB systems awake when I put my computer to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I keep my USB systems awake when I put my computer to sleep?: I have only recently converted to W11 Pro from W10 Pro. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse linked via a receiver plugged into a USB port on my monitor. While I was using W10 I could put the system to sleep and later wake it merely by moving the mouse or hitting a key on the...
  4. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...
  5. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...
  6. New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep: Windows 11 Pro AMD Radeon HD 6570 dual HDMI Intel 12th Gen i7-12700 3600 MHz CPU Gigabyte B760 Gaming AX Motherboard 64 GB Crucial DDR5 RAM 1TB Crucial NVMe SSD Realtek PCIe 2.5 GB Network adapter Corsair 175R ATX case My computer will not enter sleep mode. This computer is a...
  7. New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep

New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep: Windows 11 Pro AMD Radeon HD 6570 dual HDMI Intel 12th Gen i7-12700 3600 MHz CPU Gigabyte B760 Gaming AX Motherboard 64 GB Crucial DDR5 RAM 1TB Crucial NVMe SSD Realtek PCIe 2.5 GB Network adapter Corsair 175R ATX case My computer will not enter sleep mode. This computer is a...
  8. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  9. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  10. my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...: my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point onwards is at double speed. Can this be rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-went-into-sleep-mode-during-a/04d468af-39aa-4606-adf3-4cb7bff394c7