Windows 10: computer sleeping

Discus and support computer sleeping in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a desktop pc and I also have Windows 10. My browser is Microsoft Edge. I also have Comcast as my cable provider. Recently I have been having a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasHigginsWP, Apr 28, 2021.

1. computer sleeping

I have a desktop pc and I also have Windows 10. My browser is Microsoft Edge. I also have Comcast as my cable provider. Recently I have been having a problem putting my computer in sleep mode. When I do this, it works for a while but then it turns itself back on. If I leave the pc on and do nothing, it will shut off but then it will come back on. Is there a way of correcting this problem.

:)

ThomasHigginsWP, Apr 28, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Apr 28, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 28, 2021
  4. computer sleeping

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

computer sleeping

1. computer sleeping - Similar Threads - computer sleeping

2. Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...: Hi Everyone, First time posting so forgive me if I don't give all the necessary info. ----------------Problem:----------------Basically, the nutshell of the problem is the computer goes to "sleep" when it is not plugged into power, it's not immediate but usually happens...
  3. Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...: Hi Everyone, First time posting so forgive me if I don't give all the necessary info. ----------------Problem:----------------Basically, the nutshell of the problem is the computer goes to "sleep" when it is not plugged into power, it's not immediate but usually happens...
  4. Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5: It doesn't happen every time but enough to be a big problem. I have to try and remember what things I was working on and restore files. Cannot see any pattern as to when it happens....
  6. Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5: It doesn't happen every time but enough to be a big problem. I have to try and remember what things I was working on and restore files. Cannot see any pattern as to when it happens....
  7. Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5

8. Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.

Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.: I don't think it starts on boot, just when it wakes up. It's not in any startup lists, in settings or task manager at least, I've probably checked elsewhere though. It's really weird, I can't seem to find any setting in Word itself, and Google isn't helping me. I don't recall...
  9. Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.: I don't think it starts on boot, just when it wakes up. It's not in any startup lists, in settings or task manager at least, I've probably checked elsewhere though. It's really weird, I can't seem to find any setting in Word itself, and Google isn't helping me. I don't recall...
  10. Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.: My laptop has been working fine since forever but after the last updates,It has just gotten into a habit of shutting down unless I keep any key pressed.Once it shuts down/Sleeps...any long press fixes the issues and it comes back to life,However it only stays awake if I...