Windows 10: Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

Discus and support Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yeah, that's pretty much it. My computer goes to sleep when I unplug my headphones-not always, but often. This does not happen for other devices such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JTechnology, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. My computer goes to sleep when I unplug my headphones-not always, but often. This does not happen for other devices such as my mouse or earphones. Help?
    Thanks in Advance

:)

JTechnology, Nov 22, 2015

2. USB Headset no longer recognized in playback devices

Yesterday my headset was working fine. When I went to sleep my computer automatically restarted. (maybe for an update or something?) When I logged on afterwards my headset no longer recognized in playback devices.

I've tried showing hidden devices, reinstalling drivers, troubleshooting audio playback, scanning for hardware changes in the device manager... nothing seems to help me.

I've tried multiple restarts and USB ports. I tried my roommate's computer and the headset fired up and worked immediately.

What am I supposed to do?

natebryant1, Nov 22, 2015
  3. rgp1942 Win User
    Mixed Reality Portal -- prevent launch on PC wake or HMD move

I don't want to disable or remove WMR Portal -- I'm using it. I just don't want it to launch whenever I wake from sleep, or when the headset on the desk gets bumped.

There needs to be a "wake" option that can be turned off.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

rgp1942, Nov 22, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

If it is a USB device, you may have that device set to trigger a sleep state. Start digging through Device Manager and find them where they show up while plugged in. Unplugged, you may have to show hidden items.

bro67, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

1. Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset. - Similar Threads - Computer Sleeps Remove

2. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  3. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  4. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  5. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep: I have updated my monitor and network adaptorsI have updated my motherboard bios, my windows update latest version as of Tuesday, my drivers, my undergarmentsI have turned off Wake On Lan magic bullet on the network adaptorI have turned off allow waketimersI have turned off...
  7. Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...: Pretty much the title but I'll expand a bit. If I manually put the computer to sleep, the computer will wake itself up after about 10-15 minutes. If the computer auto-sleeps, (currently configured to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity) it will not wake itself up but stays...
  8. How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep?: How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-password-requirement-when-computer/17c32d3d-b8d7-4162-a334-e93d51263f85"
  9. Computer won't sleep when I want it to

Computer won't sleep when I want it to: I am having this issue where, although my PC is set to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity, sometimes it just doesn't. I don't know what causes it. Sometimes it does go to sleep after 1 hour, other times it doesn't. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?...
  10. My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to: Hello guys. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15iKB and Windows 10 v1803. My power plan is set to high performance. My computer is set not to sleep, although when I make it set to sleep mode, it continues to sleep when I turn it back on. The problem is gone when I restart though,...