Windows 10: Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

Discus and support Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yeah, that's pretty much it. My computer goes to sleep when I unplug my headphones-not always, but often. This does not happen for other devices such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JTechnology, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. My computer goes to sleep when I unplug my headphones-not always, but often. This does not happen for other devices such as my mouse or earphones. Help?
    Thanks in Advance

:)

JTechnology, Nov 22, 2015

2. USB Headset no longer recognized in playback devices

Yesterday my headset was working fine. When I went to sleep my computer automatically restarted. (maybe for an update or something?) When I logged on afterwards my headset no longer recognized in playback devices.

I've tried showing hidden devices, reinstalling drivers, troubleshooting audio playback, scanning for hardware changes in the device manager... nothing seems to help me.

I've tried multiple restarts and USB ports. I tried my roommate's computer and the headset fired up and worked immediately.

What am I supposed to do?

natebryant1, Nov 22, 2015
  3. rgp1942 Win User
    Mixed Reality Portal -- prevent launch on PC wake or HMD move

I don't want to disable or remove WMR Portal -- I'm using it. I just don't want it to launch whenever I wake from sleep, or when the headset on the desk gets bumped.

There needs to be a "wake" option that can be turned off.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

rgp1942, Nov 22, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

If it is a USB device, you may have that device set to trigger a sleep state. Start digging through Device Manager and find them where they show up while plugged in. Unplugged, you may have to show hidden items.

bro67, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

1. Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset. - Similar Threads - Computer Sleeps Remove

2. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...
  3. No sound when I use headset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound when I use headset: I use a headset and have a problem because my partner can’t hear me when I am calling him or her. But I hear sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-i-use-headset/7884c237-e471-4307-8a3b-4cdffaf85b95
  4. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  5. My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to: Hello guys. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15iKB and Windows 10 v1803. My power plan is set to high performance. My computer is set not to sleep, although when I make it set to sleep mode, it continues to sleep when I turn it back on. The problem is gone when I restart though,...
  6. Alarm that works when the computer is sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarm that works when the computer is sleeping: I need to remind myself to do something at about 3:45 every day. Assuming the computer is switched on but sleeping, is there an alarm that will go off in those circumstances? Thanks. 97818
  7. BSOD/crashes occur when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/crashes occur when computer sleeps: New laptop with Windows 10. After about a week I noticed system crashing. Seemed to occur after the computer had gone to sleep. Possibly related to Malwarebytes scan being run as it occurred a few times right after the scan had finished and then the computer went to sleep....
  8. Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep: Computer: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site I've sent it in once to replace the motherboard and replaced the SSD drive on my own Every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, when trying to wake the computer from sleep mode, the power button will turn on, the wifi light...
  9. Can't change when computer sleeps

Can't change when computer sleeps: Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change when the computer sleeps -> Put the computer to sleep So I change from the default 2 hours to Never. Save changes and after two hours of inactivity the puter goes to sleep, like a baby. When I wake it up and check the setting it's...
  10. Desktop computer refuses to sleep when logged in

Desktop computer refuses to sleep when logged in: My system seems to sleep if I do not log in after restarting the system. As soon as I log in, the system becomes an insomniac. I have used Code: powercfg -requests[/quote] to determine that I have a fairly common issue that prevents my system from sleeping. Code: SYSTEM:...