Windows 10: Computer slow after Hibernating

Discus and support Computer slow after Hibernating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey Guys, My PC runs really slowly after waking up from hibernating. My Windows 10 is on a 500GB Samsung Evo SSD. Im also running a Ryzen 7 3800X, 16GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lee1126, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Computer slow after Hibernating

Hey Guys, My PC runs really slowly after waking up from hibernating. My Windows 10 is on a 500GB Samsung Evo SSD. Im also running a Ryzen 7 3800X, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, GTX 1060 6GB. So no idea why so slow. RAM and CPU usage seem fine after hibernate. Ran a Malware scan today, nothing major found. Anyone have ideas what it could be?

submitted by /u/lee1126
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lee1126, Jan 23, 2021

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Ernie San Win User
    hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jan 23, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

Computer slow after Hibernating

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Computer slow after Hibernating

1. Computer slow after Hibernating - Similar Threads - Computer slow Hibernating

2. The computer restarts after hibernation.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The computer restarts after hibernation.: The problem already exists for several users in the organization. All computers are up to date -20H2build 19042.906 Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-restarts-after-hibernation/76e37d08-3e37-4a85-85f8-9e5dab044d18
  3. PC extremely slow after multiple hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC extremely slow after multiple hibernation: Hi all, I hope you can help me with this. Most of the time, I leave my PC in hibernation in the evening, for the convenience of starting where I left in the next morning. I do restart it, but only about once a week. After a few hibernation cycles day 1, day 2 etc .....
  4. Slow computer after installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow computer after installation: Because of external reasons I had to reinstall my perfect working Windows 10. Now I have a system that works slow. Slow as in click an icon, and nothing happens for some time. Open a mail in Outlook and you see "Outlook not responding" for a time before the mail is opened....
  5. Computer crashes after hibernating

Computer crashes after hibernating: My computer often has a system crash when hibernating, I have tried installing windows updates and driver updates but the problem still persists. Can anyone pinpoint the problem? Here is the output from running !analyze -v on a memory.dmp file that is created upon restart....
  6. Computer slow after update

Computer slow after update: After the last update I immediately noticed that my computer was taking much longer to load my starting apps. What once took 5 seconds now sometimes takes up to a minute! After a bit of use, I found that the same applied to not just startup, but everything. Loading steam,...
  7. slow computer after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    slow computer after update: i had the same issue after an update but my update number wasnt the same as the one everyone else is complaining about. i couldnt find an update to match that one. however microsoft edge had been installed on the my computer and although i am having issues with uninstalling...
  8. Cortana not hibernating computer after voice command?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana not hibernating computer after voice command?: When I tell Cortana to hibernate my computer, it pops up and asks me "go to sleep?" I then click/say yes, and then I can see Cortana seemingly initiating the action. But then nothing happens. Anyone know why this is and how I can possibly fix it? submitted by /u/RussMIV...
  9. Hibernate Slow to restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hibernate Slow to restart: Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work Does anyone have a fix, I've tried clearing cache before hibernation....
  10. Windows 10 resume very slow after hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 resume very slow after hibernate: My laptop acer4750 resume very slow after hibernate, it keep showing windows's logo and not run to log-in screen anymore. Then i need hard-reset every time, Anyone know how to fix this problem? Hibernate option is on and i tries to re-enable but it not work Thanks, 36166

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows getting slow if i out hibernate