Windows 10: Computer slow after update

Discus and support Computer slow after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the last update I immediately noticed that my computer was taking much longer to load my starting apps. What once took 5 seconds now sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Will Dexheimer, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Computer slow after update

After the last update I immediately noticed that my computer was taking much longer to load my starting apps. What once took 5 seconds now sometimes takes up to a minute! After a bit of use, I found that the same applied to not just startup, but everything. Loading steam, opening games, opening browsers.

Once things are loaded they don't seem to have the same problems, and if they do its minimal. However, the fact that near instant loading now takes a long time after an update is really upsetting to me.

Has anyone else been experiencing these issues? If so, what did you do to fix them?

:)

Will Dexheimer, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Computer slow after update

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Computer slow after update

1. Computer slow after update - Similar Threads - Computer slow update

2. Computer slow after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer slow after Windows Update: Hi everyone,In the past few weeks, I've been having some computer trouble. Every time Windows installs an update, my computer is extremely slow upon reboot. I end up having to rollback the update from the Advanced Startup menu. I ran SFC multiple times, but no integrity...
  3. Computer slow after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer slow after Windows Update: Hi everyone,In the past few weeks, I've been having some computer trouble. Every time Windows installs an update, my computer is extremely slow upon reboot. I end up having to rollback the update from the Advanced Startup menu. I ran SFC multiple times, but no integrity...
  4. windows update kb5003537 computer slow after this update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update kb5003537 computer slow after this update: My computer got really slow after performing this update. Programs either run sluggish or wouldn't open. Is there a bug with this update? I uninstalled the update and windows run normal again....
  5. Computer is slow after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is slow after updating drivers: I recently updated my drivers and ever since my PC has been extremely slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-slow-after-updating-drivers/45223b1e-486d-4a0a-91af-243a901e4993
  6. slow computer after update

slow computer after update: i had the same issue after an update but my update number wasnt the same as the one everyone else is complaining about. i couldnt find an update to match that one. however microsoft edge had been installed on the my computer and although i am having issues with uninstalling...
  7. Slow Computer After Security Update

Slow Computer After Security Update: So on June 14th, I think, I awoke to find my PC rebooted presumably due to an update. Since that time the PC has run incredibly slow. Every component is sluggish. If I open more than a few apps, it crashes. Video conferencing is impossible. Excel takes seconds to switch...
  8. Computer very slow after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer very slow after update: My computer did a Windows update this morning, and now I can hardly use it because it is so slow! What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-very-slow-after-update/1cd14a97-b2be-49ec-974e-1f17cd306c3e
  9. Slow computer after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow computer after Windows update: Computer running Windows 10 is slow after latest update. Opening any app, typing in Outlook, etc. is slow; I often get a "not responding" message for several seconds before something happens. I cleaned up old files, stopped some background apps; no effect....
  10. Computer UNBEARABLY SLOW After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer UNBEARABLY SLOW After Anniversary Update: My computer is unbearably slow after the Anniversary Update. Tried everything I can think of, which is basically CCleaner and SFC /SCANNOW. Nothing has seemed to work. What should I do? My version of Windows 10 x64 is a free upgrade from Windows 7, if that means anything...