Windows 10: computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After upgrade computer works strange. User applications generally start relatively fast. System apps start extremely slow. If I type something in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nikolay_NGG, Jan 9, 2020.

1. computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10

After upgrade computer works strange. User applications generally start relatively fast. System apps start extremely slow. If I type something in search line it give me black window and responses after couple of minutes. During this time "Host Process for Windows Tasks" start to use 15% of processor time and all time communicates to SSD with 48 Mb/s.

Windows 10 home, ver. 1909, build 18363.535

:)

Nikolay_NGG, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 9, 2020
  4. computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10

1. computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - computer slow upgrade

2. Windows 10 Incredibly Slow After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Incredibly Slow After Upgrade: Hello, community!I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and the operating system is chugging along at an incredibly slow pace. Opening tabs, moving the mouse, heck even the sounds coming out of the speaker are lagging and sounding eerily glitchy. I'm not even...
  3. Windows 10 Incredibly Slow After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Incredibly Slow After Upgrade: Hello, community!I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and the operating system is chugging along at an incredibly slow pace. Opening tabs, moving the mouse, heck even the sounds coming out of the speaker are lagging and sounding eerily glitchy. I'm not even...
  4. Windows 10 Incredibly Slow After Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro on older acer aspire one AOD257 computer but its running slow when I bring up programs. Should I do a repair or reinstall windows10?. Or is there something else I can do first?. I have updated everything I could think...
  6. Slow printer after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow printer after windows 10 upgrade: Ever since my computer did a windows 10 upgrade, my printer prints extremely slow. I have done all the diagnostics multiple times and it still will not print at a normal speed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. According to the printer website and diagnostics my printer is...
  7. Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: Hello! I purchased my FX6840-03e many years ago, and it had Win 7 Home Premium on it. (The only hardware I've changed is the graphics card. I went from a ATI Radeon HD 5770 to an XFX 7850 Core Edition.) Earlier this year, I decided to upgrade to Win 10, because a game I...
  8. Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803: Hello , I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 1803 after that my computer is too slow , It was working fine till the last update. When I click on the Start menu it takes at least 30 seconds to respond.When I click on file explorer it takes more than a minute to open . I...
  9. IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10: Hi, I've recently done the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade form Windows 7, Windows 7 was fine but since the upgrade was free I thought I might as well upgrade. Since I've upgraded IE is very slow on all web pages, sometimes if I'm doing banking where you have the drop down...
  10. Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10: Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10 on my T61p T61p, T9500, SSD Updated Windows 7 Pro 32 to Windows 10 Pro 32 in place. All works well after a couple of tweeks. Only tweek I did not like was having to disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to...