Windows 10: computer slow opening apps and programs

Discus and support computer slow opening apps and programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; computer is slow at opening apps and other programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeanneHosey, Sep 6, 2019.

1. computer slow opening apps and programs

computer is slow at opening apps and other programs

:)

DeanneHosey, Sep 6, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. computer slow opening apps and programs :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 6, 2019
  4. computer slow opening apps and programs

Slow Computer & Tabs Wont Open

Hi Gabriel,

To isolate your concern regarding your slow running computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• What browser are you using?
    • Does the issue occur on other browsers?
    • Is the computer also running slow on other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

computer slow opening apps and programs

1. computer slow opening apps and programs - Similar Threads - computer slow opening

2. open with in app default programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  3. open with in app default programs

in Windows 10 Support
    open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  4. Opening programs/apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening programs/apps: When I double click on an app or a program, I get a blue circle for a few seconds, it stops, and nothing happens. The program/app does not open. This happens to old and newly installed programs and apps. It happens off and on. Help?...
  5. windows 10 very slow in opening programs

windows 10 very slow in opening programs: These are my system specifications Intel core i5-7200u 2.5ghz 4 gb ram Windows 10 Home Windows is very slow at opening programs (such as Chrome, Firefox etc) when intially starting up. It can take up to 30 minutes just to open the Chrome application. Is there...
  6. System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open: System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f7c13e5f-fe9c-4a8f-98cc-3d25990168c3
  7. certain programs slowing down computer

certain programs slowing down computer: how do i put certain programs on my windows 10 computer to sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-programs-slowing-down-computer/46aad902-1d53-429f-8669-83475179aa5f
  8. Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10

Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10: Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-running-slow-to-open-up-apps-on-windows/bee2f838-ff7a-4022-ae38-dc906f9677cb
  9. Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.: The title says it all. Constant freezing and slow to open programs - I'm talking about minutes not seconds. I have anti-virus and malware software working. Recently, downloaded latest Windows 10 update. Now it seems worse. But it was bad before that. Any suggestions? Thanks....
  10. Computer running very slow after auto upgrade -- programs won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer running very slow after auto upgrade -- programs won't open: Windows 10 auto-updated on my laptop when I spent two days out of town. Now my computer is running 10 times slower! It takes 10 minutes for my apps and programs to open, and I'm constantly getting error messages about files not responding and freezing up. I'm also getting...