Windows 10: Computer slow then fast then slow again?

Discus and support Computer slow then fast then slow again? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently my computer has been running insufferably slow for a few days (taking a minute to load programs and even webpages) and yesterday all of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bobjones182, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Computer slow then fast then slow again?

Recently my computer has been running insufferably slow for a few days (taking a minute to load programs and even webpages) and yesterday all of a sudden, its really fast (the minute became literally a second). This morning when I used it for the first time, its noticeably not as fast as yesterday, but not as slow as the first time. What could be the issue?

submitted by /u/bobjones182
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bobjones182, Apr 23, 2020

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Computer slow then fast then slow again?

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer slow then fast then slow again?

1. Computer slow then fast then slow again? - Similar Threads - Computer slow fast

2. Slow download, fast wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download, fast wifi.: Win 10, KilleR Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter. I operate off of a SIM card Wireless Router. The download/upload speeds when checking the router are in 100mbp/s, but when ethernetted/wirelessly connected my PC only garners 350KBP/s - 1MBp/s of download speed....
  3. Slow download, fast wifi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download, fast wifi.: Win 10, KilleR Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter. I operate off of a SIM card Wireless Router. The download/upload speeds when checking the router are in 100mbp/s, but when ethernetted/wirelessly connected my PC only garners 350KBP/s - 1MBp/s of download speed....
  4. My internet is slow on one computer but fast on the other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet is slow on one computer but fast on the other.: On PC one the DNS is set to the same as PC two. PC one speed test on Google runs around 30 mbps which is accurate to the real download speed. Also on PC one I can run the ookla speed test and it says 500 mbps on the same DNS. PC two on both Google and ookla say 500 mbps which...
  5. My internet is slow on one computer but fast on the other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet is slow on one computer but fast on the other.: On PC one the DNS is set to the same as PC two. PC one speed test on Google runs around 30 mbps which is accurate to the real download speed. Also on PC one I can run the ookla speed test and it says 500 mbps on the same DNS. PC two on both Google and ookla say 500 mbps which...
  6. Slow..then fast....slowwwwwwww...then fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow..then fast....slowwwwwwww...then fast: [ATTACH] any idea what causes this submitted by /u/Coolboobs85 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3550v/slowthen_fastslowwwwwwwwthen_fast/
  7. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  8. Updates: Fast or Slow?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates: Fast or Slow?: I am new to the Technical Preview. But, do I choose fast or slow when it comes to updates? 3895
  9. Slow Ultra Fast Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Ultra Fast Boot: Windows 10 Pro x64 PL installed in UEFI mode Asrock Z87 Extreme3 with newest UEFI I5-4690k Gigabyte GTX970 Gaming G1 with newest vbios SSD Goodram C40 240 GB connected to first SATA port 2 x 4 GB DDR3 RAM My problem is slow system start even if i set Ultra Fast Boot...
  10. Fast boot, slow restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...