Windows 10: computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Has anyone else experienced a significant increase in wait time for loading pages after the latest Windows 10 update last week? Week of December 13th,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sandra J_261, Dec 21, 2021.

1. computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update

Has anyone else experienced a significant increase in wait time for loading pages after the latest Windows 10 update last week? Week of December 13th, 2021

:)

Sandra J_261, Dec 21, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 21, 2021
  3. Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Mine keeps trying to update, and has even put a short cut on my desk top(windows 10 update), my windows drive has grown in size(Windows 10 upgrade file). It told me I had to un compress my windows 10 NVME, so I did that still wouldn't update(slow internet).

jaggerwild, Dec 21, 2021
  4. computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update

Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Very late to this one . . . but of course Windows Update slows your computer. It's not rocket science. Updates are patches . . . added code. The more code your computer is required to read and process, the longer it's going to take to do it. The more bloated the code, the more RAM it requires.

Or let me put it another way: most people update or replace their computers because they are 'getting slow'. Computers don't get tired with age - what could possibly be slowing them down?

Windows Update and driver updates are the worst culprits. And the general advice to always update software and drivers is misguided.

There are a million different configurations of PCs in the world. Microsoft and other manufacturers cannot test the software on every spec. Over time problems are discovered running software on specific hardware. e.g. Windows 10 running Firefox from an SSD, using intel HD graphics on an AMD dual core processor will hang if Adobe is installed.

Microsoft or Intel with issue a patch to fix this. This patch will installed on every machine regardless of its configuration. So, even if you don't use Firefox, have an SSD or a dual-core processor your machine will run whatever patch code to accomodate the non-compliant configuration - thus slowing the system down.

Surtsey Ana, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update

1. computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - computer slowed down

2. Why did latest windows update slow down my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did latest windows update slow down my computer?: After latest Windows update my computer has slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-latest-windows-update-slow-down-my/0e3a46d5-591f-417a-a512-193adf6021d6
  3. Why did latest windows update slow down my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did latest windows update slow down my computer?: After latest Windows update my computer has slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-latest-windows-update-slow-down-my/0e3a46d5-591f-417a-a512-193adf6021d6
  4. Why did latest windows update slow down my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update: Has anyone else experienced a significant increase in wait time for loading pages after the latest Windows 10 update last week? Week of December 13th, 2021...
  6. computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update

computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update: Has anyone else experienced a significant increase in wait time for loading pages after the latest Windows 10 update last week? Week of December 13th, 2021...
  7. latest update slow down startup

latest update slow down startup: after latest update my pc take up to 3 min to start. I have a samsung 960 evo so it is ridiculous. Please fix this disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-slow-down-startup/06e5389d-c1be-4bd1-aa81-4e5e64edfc10
  8. computer running slow after latest update

computer running slow after latest update: computer running slow after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow-after-latest-update/e53059ee-e6d1-42fe-b4de-eaba2c15aa56
  9. The Latest Update SLOWES Down All My Windows-based Computers!

The Latest Update SLOWES Down All My Windows-based Computers!: At first, I thought that it was just laptop having some issue. But after I updated my office PC, the latest windows update froze my computer! What are the odds that both of my computers slow down or freeze because of the hardware issue? Does anyone out there have the same...
  10. Hitmanpro.alert, latest update slowing down computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hitmanpro.alert, latest update slowing down computer?: Hi! I've noticed that my laptop's functions seem quite bogged down for about a week or so. Just everything slow to open, programs slow to execute, whether it's a browser or Outlook or even a folder in Explorer. I have had to click more than once with the mouse to get...