Windows 10: Computer slows down when downloading

Discus and support Computer slows down when downloading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello When I am downloading something, like a game or video, my computer slows down. For example mouse begins to stutter, apps begin to non... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kaan Turkes, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Computer slows down when downloading

Hello

When I am downloading something, like a game or video, my computer slows down. For example mouse begins to stutter, apps begin to non responsive, videos stop and buffer for several seconds, etc.

I have latest drivers from manufacturer websites, have all Windows updates installed.

I have 1 GBit/s internet speed.

My computer specs are;

i7 6850K CPU

64GB DDR4 3000GHz RAM

Asus Strix X99 Mainboard

Integrated Intel i218-V Ethernet (driver version 12.18.8.9)

Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB m2 SSD as main disk

Sandisk Extreme Pro 960 GB x2 as RAID 0 as secondary disk

I tried downloading from Steam, Origin, Battle.net app, EVE Launcher, Ubi Launcher, Internet Download Manager, even with Microsoft Edge and Chrome but nothing changed.

I also tried disabling my security software, running Windows only with Windows services (via msconfig), even reinstalling Windows didn't solve it.

My SSDs and m2 drive has latest firmware and so my mainboard.

I also tried with and without overclocking.

What is the problem? I am lost.

:)

Kaan Turkes, Feb 24, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Computer slows down when downloading

Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Computer slows down when downloading

1. Computer slows down when downloading - Similar Threads - Computer slows down

2. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowed down computer: Has anyone had this problem. Since i installed the update KB5031356 my computer as become a to act at a snail pace I have uninstalled the update and will see the response once it it is out.George...
  3. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slowed down computer: Has anyone had this problem. Since i installed the update KB5031356 my computer as become a to act at a snail pace I have uninstalled the update and will see the response once it it is out.George...
  4. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in: Computer: Microsoft Surface Book 2CPU: Intel Pentium 4415yRAM: 8GB 1600ghzWhen I plug in my computer, everything is fine up until about 15 minutes later when the computer slows down to a screeching halt. I don't think this is thermal throttling, as when I'm doing my normal...
  6. Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in: Computer: Microsoft Surface Book 2CPU: Intel Pentium 4415yRAM: 8GB 1600ghzWhen I plug in my computer, everything is fine up until about 15 minutes later when the computer slows down to a screeching halt. I don't think this is thermal throttling, as when I'm doing my normal...
  7. Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer Slowing Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Slowing Down: I have had this computer for about 3 years. 1070ti, 32GB ram, 8th gen i7 8700k, 1.5TB SSD, and 2.5TB HDD. It's not a bad build, but recently I have noticed EXTREME lagging while opening up either VR games or even playing a game for too long. Is there any fix? or do I just...
  9. Computer slowed down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer slowed down: My pc was running very slow for last few days. I did not install new except some updates ( I'm not talking about windows 10 updates ). My antivirus shows no activity of malware's. When I try to turn pc on or off it takes roughly 5 minutes. Things like blender, Photoshop or...
  10. Computer slows down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slows down: After booting, my computer works just fine. Then, after some time, everything slows down to a crawl. I have not been able to find out what's going on. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-slows-down/8a5643b9-aec4-4b48-aa5d-49e3d8339931