Windows 10: Computer sometimes does not respond to mouse

Discus and support Computer sometimes does not respond to mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The computer sometimes does not respond to mouse. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BaltaisGulbis, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Computer sometimes does not respond to mouse

The computer sometimes does not respond to mouse. Any ideas?

:)

BaltaisGulbis, Dec 23, 2019

2. usb mouse not responding

Hi Lance,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your mouse and headphone not to work. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your computer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your mouse and headphones working on another computer?

We suggest that you visit the links below for troubleshooting steps for your mouse and headphones.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Dec 23, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Computer doesn't respond to mouse clicks

Hi Kat,

For us to isolate the issue in using the mouse to interact with the contents of your desktop, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did this issue started to occur?
    • Have you checked if the mouse works when you connect it to another device?
    On a lighter note, we suggest that you check if there are pending updates waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install them and restart your device. After restarting, check if you are able to interact with the contents of your desktop.

David Haz, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Computer sometimes does not respond to mouse

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Computer sometimes does not respond to mouse

1. Computer sometimes does not respond to mouse - Similar Threads - Computer sometimes does

2. Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock: Hello,I've been having a problem for maybe the last 2 or 3 months where, every now and then, when I try to unlock my PC after not having used it overnight, the monitor wakes up but gets stuck on a light blue not exactly the BSoD blue screen. I have tried to re-lock the PC...
  3. Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock: Hello,I've been having a problem for maybe the last 2 or 3 months where, every now and then, when I try to unlock my PC after not having used it overnight, the monitor wakes up but gets stuck on a light blue not exactly the BSoD blue screen. I have tried to re-lock the PC...
  4. Computer not responding to mouse at all!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not responding to mouse at all!: Computer not responding to mouse at all, My mouse moves around my both monitors easily but when I try to open something the apps don’t respond as if the mouse wasn’t over it. The problem started yesterday with just the icons not clicking and my computer not responding after a...
  5. Computer not responding to mouse at all!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not responding to mouse at all!: Computer not responding to mouse at all, My mouse moves around my both monitors easily but when I try to open something the apps don’t respond as if the mouse wasn’t over it. The problem started yesterday with just the icons not clicking and my computer not responding after a...
  6. Computer does not respond to a printing command !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer does not respond to a printing command !!!: Every time I want to print any JPN images computer says: " ..... C/users/lapla/Desktoplabel39.png......... The app did not start ....". - and I can not print anything the printer does not even acknowledge that I want to print the image, the printer does print other files and...
  7. Computer does not respond to a printing command !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer does not respond to a printing command !!!: Every time I want to print any JPN images computer says: " ..... C/users/lapla/Desktoplabel39.png......... The app did not start ....". - and I can not print anything the printer does not even acknowledge that I want to print the image, the printer does print other files and...
  8. Computer does not respond to a printing command !!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Mouse stutters and won't respond sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse stutters and won't respond sometimes.: I've been using a Logitech M510 with my computer since I built it in 2018. Recently, it has started stuttering and just being a general POS. Thinking it was a problem with the mouse drivers and that Logitech was ignoring the problem, I purchased a tecknet wireless mouse and...
  10. Windows dictation sometimes does not respond

in Cortana
    Windows dictation sometimes does not respond: I use dictation a lot. When I press the windows+h keys, the box pops up that says, "listening" I say something, but it does not type anything. I press windows+h key again to close. No "bloop" sounds this time. I press windows+h keys again to open the dialogue box. No bloop...