Windows 10: Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat

Discus and support Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had an issue pop up a few days ago and its happened three times within the past day. It happened once without the lock screen while i was watching a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whatsadebugger, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat

I had an issue pop up a few days ago and its happened three times within the past day.
    It happened once without the lock screen while i was watching a twitch stream and playing a video game.
    The other two times I locked my screen and left for a few minutes when I cam back the mouse was frozen and 0 responses from keyboard and mouse. Nothing worked until i hard reset using the pc switch. Not sure what is causing this its driving me crazy.

OS Build 18363.778

:)

whatsadebugger, Apr 27, 2020

2. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 27, 2020
  3. No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely.

Hi there Ethan, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest is to completely remove all the Audio drivers listed in the device manager.

Make sure to tick the box to delete the driver when uninstalling it.

Here is how to do it.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Please do this on all the drivers listed under Audio and then reboot.

4. Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat

Audio Not Working after numerous fixes...

Hi there J, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I can suggest is DELETE completely all the Audio drivers listed in the device manager.

There should be a small box that you can tick to delete completely the Audio driver.

And make sure you remove all audio devices listed.

Here is how to do it

Step 3. Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Thema:

Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat

1. Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat - Similar Threads - Computer sometimes freezes

2. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  3. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  4. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer freezes but not completely

Computer freezes but not completely: Ok so PC history first : Back in novemeber or december 2020 I upgraded the processor and MOBO for my PC, i went from i5 7600k with a z170 board to a Ryzen 7 3700x with a X570 board. I kept my nvidia GTX1080, my 16GB of RAM, and both of my drives 250GB NVme SSD for boot and...
  6. Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly: Hi Guys/Girls. First off English is not my best language im Afrikaans and from south Africa. I Built my wife a computer that she can use in the office. it was fine for years. So after doing a Gpu Upgrade and also rebuilding the Pc into a new pretty Pink case with Rgb lights...
  7. Computer completely freezing

Computer completely freezing: My computer has started to freeze randomly whenever I am doing something such as playing a game or browsing the Web. This issue has only been happening for a few days. I did have new internet installed a week ago but I can't see how that will cause my PC to freeze. Does...
  8. Computer sometimes freezes

Computer sometimes freezes: I am running Windows 10 laptop. I think the issue occurred after the last update 2004 v. It freezes when I start some apps or games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sometimes-freezes/2c04ae42-3379-46d8-a4d2-84e1e966ce82
  9. Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.

Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.: So recently my audio started crackling and becoming distorted. I fixed that and it went away for a week or so, but for most of last month and this month, my audio would either be out of sync, be distorted or sometimes on a rare occasion both. I've tried most of the things in...
  10. Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS

Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS: Hello All! Really struggling with this problem. The last month I have been getting freezes. The event logs give me two critical errors when restarting from a freeze. 1. The device HID-compliant headset location unknown is offline due to a user-mode driver crash....