Windows 10: Computer sometimes freezes when turning on

Discus and support Computer sometimes freezes when turning on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://1drv.ms/f/s!Avnj6GTl1z2S1XYWF_j8BgO-mrkG My laptop sometimes doesn't turn on when is says it does (power light is on) but nothing happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AhmadDarami, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Computer sometimes freezes when turning on

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Avnj6GTl1z2S1XYWF_j8BgO-mrkG

My laptop sometimes doesn't turn on when is says it does (power light is on) but nothing happens other then the fans kicking in. One new discovery i found is that the disk light doesn't flash like it normally does, it just stays on as if it froze or something.

Usually a forced shut down will fix the issue, but its not the proper way of using my computer and im scared ill lose important data

:)

AhmadDarami, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 20, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

Computer sometimes freezes when turning on

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Computer sometimes freezes when turning on

1. Computer sometimes freezes when turning on - Similar Threads - Computer sometimes freezes

2. My computer sometimes blue screen and sometimes it just freezes. In addition, it sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer sometimes blue screen and sometimes it just freezes. In addition, it sometimes...: I sometimes get a blue screen error on my computer. In addition to that, my computer started freezing without giving me a blue screen error. Everything, including the mouse, sound, and keyboard, would freeze. I have formatted my computer a few times, but the problem persists....
  3. My Computer Freezes sometimes when playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Freezes sometimes when playing Games: Hello, I have been having this issue for a long time. I have tried many options such as: Update your driversClear your temp filesRun a memory checkAdjust the size of your virtual memoryRun System File CheckerCheck for viruses and malwareBut none of these worked. I have fully...
  4. My Computer Freezes sometimes when playing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Freezes sometimes when playing Games: Hello, I have been having this issue for a long time. I have tried many options such as: Update your driversClear your temp filesRun a memory checkAdjust the size of your virtual memoryRun System File CheckerCheck for viruses and malwareBut none of these worked. I have fully...
  5. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  6. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  7. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. my computer freezes when restarting sometimes

my computer freezes when restarting sometimes: whenever i use malwarebytes and it finds a threat and it tells me to restart my pc, i do it, but halfway through restarting the screen freezes and i have to hold the power button, i already did sfc scan in cmd and scanned my pc and nothing was wrong, but it still happens, it...
  9. Computer sometimes freezes

Computer sometimes freezes: I am running Windows 10 laptop. I think the issue occurred after the last update 2004 v. It freezes when I start some apps or games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sometimes-freezes/2c04ae42-3379-46d8-a4d2-84e1e966ce82
  10. Computer is randomly freezing and sometimes BSOD

Computer is randomly freezing and sometimes BSOD: Hello, I have been running into an issue lately and need some help troubleshooting to figure out if it's a hardware issue or not. Basically, over the past month or so, my computer will randomly hard freeze mouse won't move, image is frozen, and if I'm lucky it will then go...