Windows 10: Computer sound bug/issue

Discus and support Computer sound bug/issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Strangely, my computer would not play sound from the speakers until I right click the sound menu on the taskbar, go to spatial sound and click off. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeopoldKurtz, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Computer sound bug/issue

Strangely, my computer would not play sound from the speakers until I right click the sound menu on the taskbar, go to spatial sound and click off. The speakers are fine, but it seams to me the computer thinks its playing sound trough speakers that dont exist. I can live with doing this every time I turn my laptop on, but it is a minor inconvenience and hoping someone has a solution.

:)

LeopoldKurtz, Mar 27, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Computer sound bug/issue :p

cadaveca, Mar 27, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Computer sound bug/issue

Windows 10 sound bug

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Computer sound bug/issue

1. Computer sound bug/issue - Similar Threads - Computer sound bug

2. Bluetooth sound bug!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth sound bug!: If you use a Bluetooth sound, the problem comes when you pause a video from the Browser or some APP. All other apps will be muted without sound.This is absurd, find out some solutions for Edger, Chrome, Firefox not to silence the System, however Apps like Netflix, Prime etcs...
  3. Bluetooth sound bug!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth sound bug!: If you use a Bluetooth sound, the problem comes when you pause a video from the Browser or some APP. All other apps will be muted without sound.This is absurd, find out some solutions for Edger, Chrome, Firefox not to silence the System, however Apps like Netflix, Prime etcs...
  4. COMPUTER SOUND ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPUTER SOUND ISSUE: HELLO IN NEED OF SOME HELP . I HAVE A GAMING PC BUT FOR SOME REASON I HAVE NO SOUND , BUT IT DISPLAYS THAT I HAVE SOUND . PLEASE HELP THANK YOU. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sound-issue/9d7e2f11-0c15-4c70-b444-8213307554ab
  5. COMPUTER SOUND ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMPUTER SOUND ISSUE: HELLO IN NEED OF SOME HELP . I HAVE A GAMING PC BUT FOR SOME REASON I HAVE NO SOUND , BUT IT DISPLAYS THAT I HAVE SOUND . PLEASE HELP THANK YOU. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sound-issue/9d7e2f11-0c15-4c70-b444-8213307554ab
  6. Wifi/Sound bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi/Sound bug: Hello,when click on the bottom left in windows 11, the wifi and sound bar opens but I cannot click to mute, check the wifi, turn bluetooth on/off etc. It just doenst react or minimizes the window. Anyone here that knows how to fix this? Thanks...
  7. Sound Bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Bug: Hello everyone.My headset's volume has been changing automatically without any sound settings getting lower. I noticed today that its happening cuz of windows sonic.Whenever i turn it on, sound on Youtube doubles. But after some time, it lowers gradually. When i turn the...
  8. Computer Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Sound Issues: Hello everyone, first time posting onto the Microsoft community forum so I apologize in advance if this is not the right thread to ask such question. I recently bought a Razer blade 17 and the audio is starting to bug and im trying to understand what the issue is. Every...
  9. Sound bugging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound bugging: Hello folks, i hope you can help me with my problem My problem is that in some random moments my sound won't play at all, and when i want to change between my sound devices my sound settings won't load at all, if i click on the speakers icon at the right bottom of my screen...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 Persistent No Sound Bug Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Persistent No Sound Bug Issue: Its been days since I have been trying the solutions provided by the internet. Minecraft does not have sound at all, and only minecraft has this issue in my laptop. I have posted on minecraft forum about it but havent gotten any response. I have already tried almost all...