Windows 10: Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.

Discus and support Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I have had my computer close to 7 years, albeit I have swapped the original memory out. It has for the last 7 years run as well as I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IrishGuy85, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.

Hey everyone, I have had my computer close to 7 years, albeit I have swapped the original memory out. It has for the last 7 years run as well as I can ask for, sometimes its crashed, BSOD, among other issues but they tend to be sporadic and sporadic, but this latest issue has been quite consistent. It seems whenever I feel I have it isolated to a GPU then something happens to make me change my mind, then I switch my idea to the PSU, then it's changed again. I would say the issue largely revolves around gaming, whether it be tabbing in and out of the game, and or sometimes just running it. The

:)

IrishGuy85, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Nov 8, 2021
  3. DRDNA Win User
    computer restarts

What no BSOD just restarts?*Confused Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart. :confused:

DRDNA, Nov 8, 2021
  4. mystikl Win User

Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.

Computer restarting

I took out one of the sticks and it's working now. RAM wasn't on my list cause I thought bad ram would give BSODs not restarts. Boy was I wrong! Thanks for the help i789.

EDIT: I ran the Windows 7 memory stability test on the remaining stick and it passed the test. Half an hour later the comp crashed again. Is it still the RAM?

mystikl, Nov 8, 2021
Thema:

Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.

1. Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart. - Similar Threads - Computer Staggers locks

2. Need Help, computer locking up and crashing restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help, computer locking up and crashing restarting: Lately i have been having some issues with my computer. It started as ICUE crashing after the computer running for a while. At that point the computer would visibly lag as well, if i was in a game it would lag if i was on the desktop i can see the mouse lagging and jumping....
  3. Need Help, computer locking up and crashing restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help, computer locking up and crashing restarting: Lately i have been having some issues with my computer. It started as ICUE crashing after the computer running for a while. At that point the computer would visibly lag as well, if i was in a game it would lag if i was on the desktop i can see the mouse lagging and jumping....
  4. Computer Restarts, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarts, no BSOD: Hello,I noticed before that my computer would restart itself when playing certain games like Red Dead Redemption. Recently however, it did that out of nowhere when I just had it running in the background playing music. Below are my specs and the errors I found in the Event...
  5. Computer Restarts, no BSOD

Computer Restarts, no BSOD: Hello,I noticed before that my computer would restart itself when playing certain games like Red Dead Redemption. Recently however, it did that out of nowhere when I just had it running in the background playing music. Below are my specs and the errors I found in the Event...
  6. Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.

Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.: Hey everyone, I have had my computer close to 7 years, albeit I have swapped the original memory out. It has for the last 7 years run as well as I can ask for, sometimes its crashed, BSOD, among other issues but they tend to be sporadic and sporadic, but this latest issue has...
  7. Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.: Hey everyone, I have had my computer close to 7 years, albeit I have swapped the original memory out. It has for the last 7 years run as well as I can ask for, sometimes its crashed, BSOD, among other issues but they tend to be sporadic and sporadic, but this latest issue has...
  8. "locking" and not restarting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "locking" and not restarting: 2 days ago I upgraded my windows 10 to build 1903, since then, randomly and during any activity, screen with the word "locking" in the middle appears for half a second and my laptop goes into sleep mode and now I can't turn it on again....
  9. Computer restarting and BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting and BSODs: Hello, now I'm desperate with my pc. I keep getting random restarts without any screen, freezes and BSODs that say: KERNEL-SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL I ran memtest and it showed no issues....
  10. restarted windows locked up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restarted windows locked up: Source LockApp.exe Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎4/‎22/‎2019 6:08 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy\LockApp.exe...