Windows 10: Computer start up goes straight to Bios.

Discus and support Computer start up goes straight to Bios. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A while back I had an issue with my computer thinking it was a hard drive issue and tried to fix it without any professional help, I dont have much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Camden54, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Camden54 Win User

Computer start up goes straight to Bios.

A while back I had an issue with my computer thinking it was a hard drive issue and tried to fix it without any professional help, I dont have much knowledge about computers and messed up my computer even more. I thought busted my hard drive because I cleaned my hard drive and did something else in command prompt and after that my computer goes straight to bios. I ordered a new hard drive thinking it would start up, but it didnt. Not sure if I have to do something to activate the hard drive or if it's not the hard drive that's the issue. Please help if anyone can.

:)

Camden54, Sep 23, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 23, 2020
  3. witchypoo Win User
    Win 10 on startup it goes straight into BIOS and using f6/f9/f10 it

Hi all.

I joined here mainly because i simply cannot find a solution to my problem, even acer forums cant help, and acer them selves...well one word comes to mind for them.

I'm running acer aspire ES 15 laptop, with win 10
    Its 18 month old .....I purchased in UK but I'm in asia now so no i cant take it back*Wink

On startup I get the acer screen, but then 2second after it goes straight into BIOS.
    Now, no matter what i do in BIOS....f9/f10 or change boot sequence to try and use the repair disk after using f10 key it goes straight back into BIOS.

Now after pressing the f10 key, if i hold the f12 key when the acer screen appears...
    Yahoo...it boots into win 10
    The laptop runs perfectly afterwards.

Ive....hitman pro/malawarebytes/win defender/adaware/spybot/registry cleaned/chkdisk and more, but alas whenever i restart or start...yep the problems still there.
    Even if i change the boot sequence (f6) it still goes straight into the BIOS screen

I havent yet run a virus scan on BIOS, as although I'm a bit savvy with computers, Im no technician.

Anyone have insight for me please?Computer start up goes straight to Bios. :)

witchypoo, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Computer start up goes straight to Bios.

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer start up goes straight to Bios.

1. Computer start up goes straight to Bios. - Similar Threads - Computer start goes

2. Everytime I start up my compute it shows the asus screen and then just goes straight to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime I start up my compute it shows the asus screen and then just goes straight to...: Everytime I start up my compute it shows the asus screen and then just goes straight to bios and occasionally upon restart it will say no media present and no matter what I do I can’t be it to work...
  3. Everytime I start up my compute it shows the asus screen and then just goes straight to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime I start up my compute it shows the asus screen and then just goes straight to...: Everytime I start up my compute it shows the asus screen and then just goes straight to bios and occasionally upon restart it will say no media present and no matter what I do I can’t be it to work...
  4. Everytime I start up my compute it shows the asus screen and then just goes straight to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Network setup goes straight to "Connect"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network setup goes straight to "Connect": New LG laptop with Win11, does not have touchscreen.Trying to connect to network to run updates but when I turn off Airplane Mode I get a flash of the screen offering Manual setup but then it leaps straight to Connect. How do I get it to stop jumping over Manual so I can...
  6. Network setup goes straight to "Connect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network setup goes straight to "Connect": New LG laptop with Win11, does not have touchscreen.Trying to connect to network to run updates but when I turn off Airplane Mode I get a flash of the screen offering Manual setup but then it leaps straight to Connect. How do I get it to stop jumping over Manual so I can...
  7. Click on Start button goes straight to search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Click on Start button goes straight to search bar: Whenever i click on windows 10 start button , the start menu does not open, rather the cursor appears in search bar everytime . I encountered this bug today only. I tried a lot of solutions to fix this but none worked for me . Is there a way i can fix this myself ? I have...
  8. Start button goes straight to search bar....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button goes straight to search bar....: Whenever i click on windows 10 start button , the start menu does not open, rather the cursor appears in search bar everytime . I encountered this bug today only. I tried a lot of solutions to fix this but none worked for me . Is there a way i can fix this myself ? I have...
  9. computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off: so I have the lenovo ideapad 5 running windows 10 of course, and whenever the screen goes off the lock screen appears when I entract.. this is new thing, in past days when screen is off it wouldn't go to lock screen or anything it just turn on normally. I tried to restore...
  10. Win 10 on startup it goes straight into BIOS and using f6/f9/f10 it

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 on startup it goes straight into BIOS and using f6/f9/f10 it: Hi all. I joined here mainly because i simply cannot find a solution to my problem, even acer forums cant help, and acer them selves...well one word comes to mind for them. I'm running acer aspire ES 15 laptop, with win 10 Its 18 month old .....I purchased in UK but...