Windows 10: Computer start up

Discus and support Computer start up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On start up after I enter my password it brings up a screen saying please reenter your password. Because you’re accessing sensitive info you need to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marge42, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Marge42 Win User

Computer start up

On start up after I enter my password it brings up a screen saying please reenter your password. Because you’re accessing sensitive info you need to verify your password. My question is if this is a scam or Legit? I think windows did an update when it was shut down the last time.

:)

Marge42, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jul 17, 2019
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Computer start up

How to Get Started with a New Computer

You can't do any of this until you go through the initial login. After that the steps you listed are a good start though I use the builtin Windows Defender along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and Anti-exploit. #2 is key as far as I'm concerned. I backup every Friday using Macrium reflect Pro set for 1 full and 6 incremental.

Ztruker, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Computer start up

1. Computer start up - Similar Threads - Computer start

2. Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.: Most days after waking my PC in the morning after a half hour or so it will freeze, then flicker either a Green , purple or blue screen , then restarts. The PC then operates perfectly normal for the rest of the day, at the end of use I put into sleep mode. I have tried just...
  3. My Dell inspiron computer is not starting as it is stuck on airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Dell inspiron computer is not starting as it is stuck on airplane mode: My Dell inspiron computer is not starting as it is stuck on airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-inspiron-computer-is-not-starting-as-it-is/7f75e8c3-ac5a-40d0-aa13-f7bcc50e247a
  4. Start button stops working after computer is left unattended for several hours.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button stops working after computer is left unattended for several hours.: When I'm away from my Windows 10 computer desktop for many hours, the Start button will stop working. I'll try my best to give an exact description. The Start button will be disabled when I click on it with the left mouse button and also not working with the Windows key on...
  5. The computer is stuck in automatic repair, it will not start on Windows

The computer is stuck in automatic repair, it will not start on Windows: Hi. My laptop with Windows 10 recently experienced a series of BSODs. The first time I experienced a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT screen, and after restarting Windows, the computer was too slow to be used normally. Then I got CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. After logging in to another restart, I...
  6. Updating my Computer with Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating my Computer with Fresh Start: I have an older DELL Inspiron laptop that has been running beautifully on Windows 10; the laptop was purchased with Vista and subsequently upgraded to Windows 7. Then I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10. No problems to date but the latest attempt to update to...
  7. Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start back up

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start back up: The actual question: How can I find the log/error of what is causing this or what can I do to fix it. The issue: I sent 3 different shutdown commands (1 at a time per boot) and 1 fails me which is needed for fast startup: Commands: shutdown.exe /t 0 /g shutdown.exe /t 0...
  8. Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start it as it is booting into Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start it as it is booting into Windows: I sent 3 different shutdown commands and 1 fails me which is needed for fast startup: Commands: shutdown.exe /t 0 /g shutdown.exe /t 0 /sg /f shutdown.exe /t 0 /s /hybrid What they do and did: Reboot and automatically login and lock (working as intended) Shutdown and...
  9. I cant see the screen but I can hear Cortana when I start up my computer

I cant see the screen but I can hear Cortana when I start up my computer: I press the power button on my Dell latitude e5410 it goes upto the windows 10 logo and the white spinning dots then the screen goes black (no cursor) and then I hear cortana but I cant see the screen (first time start up)...
  10. Windows wireless Service is not running on the computer and resetting the pc/starting fresh...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows wireless Service is not running on the computer and resetting the pc/starting fresh...: Hello everyone, yesterday evening i opened my surface book 2 and it didn't connect to wifi, troubleshooter showed that the Windows wireless Service is not running on this computer so I tried to open services.msc but it didn't want to open, I run an sfc scan and it showed...