Windows 10: Computer started lagging out of nowhere.

Discus and support Computer started lagging out of nowhere. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So just yesterday, i arrived home and wanted to check on my pc I booted it and it was lagging alot idk why. It was off for a week so firstly I did soft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by theycallmeVish, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Computer started lagging out of nowhere.

So just yesterday, i arrived home and wanted to check on my pc I booted it and it was lagging alot idk why. It was off for a week so firstly I did soft brushI purchased one specially for pc and a blower cleaning to blow all the dust and thingy. Done.

No fix. Cuz its something related to windows. Tried booting in safe mode, the lag persists but a little bit ignorable this time. I keep my windows updated but couldn't update as i wasnt home for a week. I didn't try updating my pc note this.

Right now, as my pc isn't even able to open a browser I'm doing a boot time scanning on it. QH BOOT TIME SCANNING.

After the boot scan is doneso far no issues found, I'll update this topic.

I'm using my android to post this topic. Please tell me what details i should've bought with me here before raging on me. This pc is a must need in my house cuz everything takes place in this pc.

Details:

Windows 10 Pro 20h2

9GB Ddr3 1333MT/s, 8GB usable

AMD A6-5400b @3.60Ghz works at 3.7ghz In actual.
    Radeon HD 7540d Integrated.

Windows is activated.

Please. Help me.

:)

theycallmeVish, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 31, 2020
  3. ken132 Win User
    Computer starts randomly lagging

Sorry to clarify, the internet is not lagging. By lagging I mean the computer is freezing (not completely) and it takes like a couple of second for each action to go through. For example clicking on the window icon > power > shut down, these steps could take up like a minute.

I've ran ESET OnlineScan and it found no malware. I'm also using malwarebyte and windows security and scheduled to scan everyday so I don't think I have a virus. (I never download anything phishy either).

I've ran all these as well:
    DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

I tried using Driver Easy to update my drivers. The thing with this is it's so random. It hasn't happened since I last posted in this thread then just now it happened again randomly *Sad

I don't remember when it started happening because it's been a while and I've just lived with it whenever it happens I just restart my pc. Is there some kind of error logging I can view as soon as it happens after I restart my pc?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have idea? *Sad

ken132, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

Computer started lagging out of nowhere.

Computer starts randomly lagging

So what did you download or what site you visited, that could have malware or possibly a browser 'hijacker' add on?

I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
    1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
      ESET OnlineScan
    2. Click the
      Computer started lagging out of nowhere. [​IMG]
      button.
    3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
      1. Click on
        to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
      2. Double click on the
        icon on your desktop.
    4. Check
    5. Click the
      button.
    6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
    7. Check
    8. Push the Start button.
    9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    10. Push
      , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.

Jacee, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Computer started lagging out of nowhere.

1. Computer started lagging out of nowhere. - Similar Threads - Computer started lagging

2. PC started to lag from nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC started to lag from nowhere: Processor-i5-9300h cpu 2.4ghzRam-16GbGraphics card-Nvidia GeForce Gtx 1650Memory-500Gb ssd350gb of free spaceI had a strange thing happen to my pc i usually only use it to play lol and i normally get 200fps but today i was playing and all in the middle of a game i got down...
  3. PC started to lag from nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC started to lag from nowhere: Processor-i5-9300h cpu 2.4ghzRam-16GbGraphics card-Nvidia GeForce Gtx 1650Memory-500Gb ssd350gb of free spaceI had a strange thing happen to my pc i usually only use it to play lol and i normally get 200fps but today i was playing and all in the middle of a game i got down...
  4. PC started to lag from nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer started asking for a username out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer started asking for a username out of nowhere: One day I turn on my computer and it asked for a username I usually just have to just type in my password but now it’s asking for a username...
  6. My computer started asking for a username out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer started asking for a username out of nowhere: One day I turn on my computer and it asked for a username I usually just have to just type in my password but now it’s asking for a username...
  7. My computer started asking for a username out of nowhere

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. PC started stuttering out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC started stuttering out of nowhere.: Hi everyone, For a while today i thought my cursor had been stuttering until i watched a video and noticed it was stuttering too. The stutters happen every 1.5s roughly and they hadn't started until today. Ive tried pretty much every solution ive seen and nothing has worked....
  9. My computer updates out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer updates out of nowhere: My computer keeps suddenly updating while I am using it. Is this a bug or is it a feature? submitted by /u/oleolesp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifgoiq/my_computer_updates_out_of_nowhere/
  10. BSOD just started out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD just started out of nowhere: I have been BSODing periodically for the last couple of weeks and I notice it usually happens when I play games. Some of them are IRQL Not less or equal and others are simply System Service Exception. All help is appreciated. 55272