Windows 10: Computer started running excruciatingly slow all the sudden.

Discus and support Computer started running excruciatingly slow all the sudden. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks. literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Etetherin, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Etetherin Win User

Computer started running excruciatingly slow all the sudden.

My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks.
    literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening chrome, opening file explorer, typing, even drawing the selection boxes on the desktop. The mouse moves smooth though still.

windows version: 1909 os build 18363.1016

I havent updated anything recently or installed anything recently.

I did some trouble shooting myself but all of it passed:
    windows memory test
    intels cpu test
    msi afterburner on my video card.

I did this from posting over in bsod:
    resources.rar

:)

Etetherin, Sep 4, 2020

2. Computer run slow and Start menu not functioning

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help resolve your issue.

Before we proceed, I would ;like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to your PC prior to this issue?
    • Does your computer run slow during startup?
    • What is the exact issue you are facing with your Start Menu?
    • Do you receive any error message with respect to the Start Menu?
    • Can you provide the name of the registry tool that you are using?
    • Do you have enough space in your c: drive?

For now, I suggest that you check which program is running in the background when the computer runs slow. To do so open Task Manager and check under Processes.

Also Run maintenance task which checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

As for the issue with the Start Menu, run System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

a. Right click on the Start Menu, locate and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Type the following command, and then press
    ENTER
    :

sfc /scannow

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 4, 2020
  4. VBX
    vbx Win User

Help computer is hella SLOW all of a sudden.

Computer is running very slow all of a sudden. Takes 10+ minutes to get pass the Starting Windows bootup screen.

When it does finally logs onto windows. Everything is SLOW. I mean, when clicking on Firefox it takes 5+ minutes to load. When cicking on any program for that matter. (defrag, C drive etc etc).

WTH is wrong? Hard Drive going bad? I don't hear any clicking.

When I restart, I get a message, (Log onto windows7 "recovered").

When I try to repair the computer, it takes forever to get to that screen.

It also takes forever to shutdown.

Thema:

1. Computer started running excruciatingly slow all the sudden. - Similar Threads - Computer started running

2. Computer suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly running slow: My computer was running fine until a month ago. I turned on my computer as usual but I notice that it was slow and choppy, when I logged into the computer, it was significantly slower and I couldn’t even do gaming on it anymore. I also have a 144hz monitor, but the frame rate...
  3. Computer suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer suddenly running slow: My computer was running fine until a month ago. I turned on my computer as usual but I notice that it was slow and choppy, when I logged into the computer, it was significantly slower and I couldn’t even do gaming on it anymore. I also have a 144hz monitor, but the frame rate...
  4. PC runs slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC runs slow all of a sudden: The other night I updated and shut down my laptop. I've just updated my laptop to the newest version of windows 10 but now it is running so slowly and get 2fps on the games I average 50fps minimum. I've tried uninstalling the update, installing an antivirus and disabling all...
  5. Laptop running slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running slow all of a sudden: I was using my laptop normally then the fan suddenly went full speed. I restarted the laptop, but the fan still ran in high speed and it was really slow. I checked Task manager and saw Antimalware Service Executable running on high RAM 150-200MB. I tried all the tricks I...
  6. Laptop running slow all of a sudden

Laptop running slow all of a sudden: I was using my laptop normally then the fan suddenly went full speed. I restarted the laptop, but the fan still ran in high speed and it was really slow. I checked Task manager and saw Antimalware Service Executable running on high RAM 150-200MB. I tried all the tricks I...
  7. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is running very slow all of a sudden: Last week my laptop started to run very slow, to the point where i cant even open task manager to see whats happening, i checked for viruses but i had nothing, i deleted some of my games, and end some background processes but its still the same slow laptop. does anyone know a...
  8. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is running very slow all of a sudden: Last week my laptop started to run very slow, to the point where i cant even open task manager to see whats happening, i checked for viruses but i had nothing, i deleted some of my games, and end some background processes but its still the same slow laptop. does anyone know a...
  9. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

10. Computer started running excruciatingly slow all the sudden.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer started running excruciatingly slow all the sudden.: My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks. literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening chrome, opening file explorer, typing, even drawing the selection boxes on the desktop. The mouse moves smooth though still....