Windows 10: Computer started running really slow

Discus and support Computer started running really slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer started running really slow yesterday and is still continuing that today. Is there something I can run to find out why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephSiwek, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Computer started running really slow

My computer started running really slow yesterday and is still continuing that today. Is there something I can run to find out why?

:)

JosephSiwek, Mar 10, 2019

2. Computer run slow and Start menu not functioning

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help resolve your issue.

Before we proceed, I would ;like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to your PC prior to this issue?
    • Does your computer run slow during startup?
    • What is the exact issue you are facing with your Start Menu?
    • Do you receive any error message with respect to the Start Menu?
    • Can you provide the name of the registry tool that you are using?
    • Do you have enough space in your c: drive?

For now, I suggest that you check which program is running in the background when the computer runs slow. To do so open Task Manager and check under Processes.

Also Run maintenance task which checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

As for the issue with the Start Menu, run System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

a. Right click on the Start Menu, locate and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Type the following command, and then press
    ENTER
    :

sfc /scannow

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Computer started running really slow

Computer run slow and Start menu not functioning

Brand new computer windows 10-start menu and performance really sluggish-run registry utility tool every day but still slow

windows 10 performance slow- Original Title

JoeKellyPR, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Computer started running really slow

1. Computer started running really slow - Similar Threads - Computer started running

2. Recently had a BSOD, computer runs really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently had a BSOD, computer runs really slow.: One day I had to update Windows and while the computer was booting up again, while it was loading it popped up, "Scanning and repairing C:" and I didn't know what to do about it. When I got to the login screen our power went out so I turned the computer off and after a few...
  3. Computer really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer really slow: Hey so suddenly my laptop started being really slow to open programs and when they did finally open they would barely be able to run or would crash.I also noticed on task manager i would be using 30% or more of my memory when no programs were running. I thought that I...
  4. Computer really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer really slow: Hey so suddenly my laptop started being really slow to open programs and when they did finally open they would barely be able to run or would crash.I also noticed on task manager i would be using 30% or more of my memory when no programs were running. I thought that I...
  5. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  6. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  7. Computer suddenly started running really slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly started running really slowly: My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks. literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening chrome, opening file explorer, typing, even drawing the selection boxes on the desktop. The mouse moves smooth though still....
  8. Computer really slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer really slow: Sorry double post please delete it 153373
  9. Really slow computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Really slow computer: hello guys so I have a dell latitude e5440 and windows 10 and my problem is that all of a sudden my computer started working reallllyyy slowly it was perfectly fine until yesterday, it wasn’t slow at all but it happened all of a sudden it takes 30 min to log in and the...
  10. Laptop running really slow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop running really slow.: Hi, Looking for help as my laptop takes about 5 secs to load every time I click something. Takes ever longer when I minimize an application and switch to another(that is already open). I just wanted to make sure if my laptop performance is just normal for the specs it has,...