Windows 10: Computer starts freezing and then restarts by itself Kernel-Power 41 Bugcheck 80

Discus and support Computer starts freezing and then restarts by itself Kernel-Power 41 Bugcheck 80 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Goodmorning, my computer has started having this problem since a couple of weeks now. At first it starts freezing but the audio keeps going, then also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lorenzo Lanari, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Computer starts freezing and then restarts by itself Kernel-Power 41 Bugcheck 80

Goodmorning,
    my computer has started having this problem since a couple of weeks now. At first it starts freezing but the audio keeps going, then also the audio stops and finally it restarts by itself.

First time it happened i was just watching youtube on a monitor and twitch on the secondo monitor. Then i found out that it sistematically happens while starting Need For Speed Heat. The game can't even start. Yesterday it happend while playing WoW and watching youtube on the second screen.
    Here is yesterday's error, all the other are the same.

Nome registro: System

Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Data: 06/04/2021 23:50:33

ID evento: 41

Categoria attività:63

Livello: Critico

Parole chiave: 70368744177664,2

Utente: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-8ORIVDD

Descrizione:

Riavvio del sistema senza un regolare arresto. Questo errore può essere causato da un'interruzione, un arresto anomalo o un'interruzione dell'alimentazione imprevista del sistema.

XML evento:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-04-06T21:50:33.8989142Z" />

<EventRecordID>42518</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-8ORIVDD</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">80</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffffab020501e00a</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x2</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff8033c3fcbdb</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x2</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

In addition, by watching at logs i found out that i often get this error when powering on the PC but with all 0s values.

Nome registro: System

Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Data: 06/04/2021 21:59:57

ID evento: 41

Categoria attività:63

Livello: Critico

Parole chiave: 70368744177664,2

Utente: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-8ORIVDD

Descrizione:

Riavvio del sistema senza un regolare arresto. Questo errore può essere causato da un'interruzione, un arresto anomalo o un'interruzione dell'alimentazione imprevista del sistema.

XML evento:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-04-06T19:59:57.0767529Z" />

<EventRecordID>42239</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-8ORIVDD</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">6</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">3221225684</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">5</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I tried running some stress tests like powerMAX all good, prime95 all good and also windows ram tests and no error. Now i'll try with testmem and see if that could be the problem. Any idea on what is causing the error?
    Thank you kindly

:)

Lorenzo Lanari, Apr 7, 2021

2. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Computer starts freezing and then restarts by itself Kernel-Power 41 Bugcheck 80

Kernel 41 Power issue

Hello,

When the computer shuts down or restarts unexpectedly, the Kernel Power Event ID 41 error occurs. Upon starting a computer running Windows, the system checks whether the computer was properly shut down. If the computer was not properly turned off, a Kernel
    Power Event 41 message is generated.

Regarding the error that you're getting, we suggest that you check the solution provided by

AndrewGeraci
    on this
    link

For more information regarding Windows Kernel power issue, kindly visit this
    article

Let us know how it turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Computer starts freezing and then restarts by itself Kernel-Power 41 Bugcheck 80

1. Computer starts freezing and then restarts by itself Kernel-Power 41 Bugcheck 80 - Similar Threads - Computer starts freezing

2. My PC restarts itself, Kernel-Power 41 63 Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC restarts itself, Kernel-Power 41 63 Error.: I keep getting the kernel power 41 error, the PC shuts down randomly over and over again. I've run memory trouble shooting, updated windows, even done a complete clean reinstall. During the reinstall the PC shut down, I'm not sure what the issue is at all....
  3. My PC restarts itself, Kernel-Power 41 63 Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC restarts itself, Kernel-Power 41 63 Error.: I keep getting the kernel power 41 error, the PC shuts down randomly over and over again. I've run memory trouble shooting, updated windows, even done a complete clean reinstall. During the reinstall the PC shut down, I'm not sure what the issue is at all....
  4. Windows keeps restarting itself, Kernel-Power error 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps restarting itself, Kernel-Power error 41: My friend is experiencing random reboots when she plays videogames. Event Log says its error 41. All bugCheckParameters are 0x0, and crash dump won't generate even though it is turned on tried both full and mini dumps, and PC instantly reboots w/o showing BSoD. It happened...
  5. Windows keeps restarting itself, Kernel-Power error 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps restarting itself, Kernel-Power error 41: My friend is experiencing random reboots when she plays videogames. Event Log says its error 41. All bugCheckParameters are 0x0, and crash dump won't generate even though it is turned on tried both full and mini dumps, and PC instantly reboots w/o showing BSoD. It happened...
  6. Computer Restarting - Event 41 Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restarting - Event 41 Kernel Power: Windows Version 20H2 Hey all! So ever since I replaced my GTX 570 with a 970 I've been having some hiccups. I have another post related to more of the process of installing the 970 but it got off topic so I thought I'd start a new one since the circumstances have changed...
  7. Kernel Power id 41 no bugcheck report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power id 41 no bugcheck report: Hi, i just recently upgraded my pc a couple of days ago, and it was all going smoothly at first but then when gaming, i pretty much only play destiny 2, im getting random restarts, in this sequence [freeze - black screen - audio of game - reboot] ive tried to find the...
  8. Computer Freezes Randomly Kernel-Power 41 63

Computer Freezes Randomly Kernel-Power 41 63: Its been few months and I can't solve this problem. So basically my PC freezes randomly. It freezes in games, browser programs, etc. For few seconds I can click on things and after few seconds I can't click on anything its just one frame but I can move my mouse and it...
  9. Kernel power 41 and Bugcheck 1001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel power 41 and Bugcheck 1001: Όνομα αρχείου καταγραφής:System Προέλευση: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Ημερομηνία: 21/6/2020 2:07:38 μμ Αναγνωριστικό συμβάντος:1001 Κατηγορία εργασιών:Καμία Επίπεδο: Σφάλμα Λέξεις-κλειδιά:Κλασική Χρήστης: Δ/Υ Υπολογιστής: DESKTOP-2IFV6LH...
  10. Kernel Power 41 Bugcode 80

Kernel Power 41 Bugcode 80: I built a pc a few weeks ago and I have been experiensing random blue screens. I have updated all the drivers but still the problem occeurs... This is what comes up. - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid]...