Windows 10: Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

Discus and support Computer starts if I press any keyboard button in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I press any of the buttons on the keyboard, my computer starts. I am sure it is not in the Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I use Asus laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ToddRoberts2, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

When I press any of the buttons on the keyboard, my computer starts. I am sure it is not in the Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I use Asus laptop and have reset it to factory default recently. It seems to me the issue has shown up after upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10.

:)

ToddRoberts2, Feb 24, 2019

2. Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi Ananth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue that you are facing can be due to your keyboard driver. I would suggest that you check your driver, if it is updated. If not you can visit your manufactures website and download it manually.

You can follow the steps mentioned below to check the details of the drivers.

• Click on “Start” button located on your computer screen.
    • Type “Device Manager”, a window will open and in the navigation pane search for “Keyboard”, then right click to check the detail regarding the driver.
    The next step is to Go to your Laptop/Computer Manufacturer's website > Drivers and Downloads Section > Key in your Model number > Look for latest Windows 10 Drivers for it > Download/install
    them.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Window button not working, not responding to mouse clicking/ pressing on keyboard

Hi Felix,

A recent change in the configuration of your device can be one of the factors why this issue occurs.
    To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

Once you were able to access safe mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

Microsoft wired Keyboard 600 keeps connecting and disconnecting each time I press a button.

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you have installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and are still facing the issue, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to unplug and plug the keyboard and check if the issue is with the keyboard connection.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

1. Computer starts if I press any keyboard button - Similar Threads - Computer starts press

2. Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one: Whenever I press a single button, multiple get pressed. For example: pressing "k" will type "kl,". This issue is on a Windows 10 laptop and prior to the issue my keyboard was pretty dirty so I cleaned it with some wipes and spray. I did this many times before and never had...
  3. Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one: Whenever I press a single button, multiple get pressed. For example: pressing "k" will type "kl,". This issue is on a Windows 10 laptop and prior to the issue my keyboard was pretty dirty so I cleaned it with some wipes and spray. I did this many times before and never had...
  4. the colors on my computer invert but not by pressing any buttons on their own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the colors on my computer invert but not by pressing any buttons on their own: my computer has done this since i got it. we can be in the middle of trying to complete the kdis school work in google docs or watching a video in another program for their since stuff or if the screen saver goes on it will all of a sudden change the colors on the screen to...
  5. Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button: My laptop turns on by presssing firdt any key on keyboard and then power button rather than power button directly and after it turns on then i have to hold any key on keyboard if i don't hold any key it turns off...
  6. Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button: My laptop turns on by presssing firdt any key on keyboard and then power button rather than power button directly and after it turns on then i have to hold any key on keyboard if i don't hold any key it turns off...
  7. When I press any button on my keyboard on hold it down, it keeps pressing the same button...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press any button on my keyboard on hold it down, it keeps pressing the same button...: [IMG] submitted by /u/JokerQuin123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga62tt/when_i_press_any_button_on_my_keyboard_on_hold_it/
  8. MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard: Recently every time I start my PC after its been shutdown, windows reads a mediatrackprevious key being constantly held down. I uninstalled autohotkey, reset the registry with sharpkey, and I've tried uninstalling all of my keyboard related software. The only thing that...
  9. Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive: Hi, I updated Windows to allow the new Xbox app and ever since then every time I press the start button my PC becomes unresponsive. Any ideas how to troubleshoot why?...
  10. Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.: It seems after about a few minutes of not pressing any buttons, as if I was watching something for a while, that when I then after press a key to do anything, what ever key I press just doesn't do anything, then if I press it again it will do what I want it to do. It's like...