Windows 10: Computer starts randomly lagging

Discus and support Computer starts randomly lagging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ken132, May 9, 2020.

1. ken132 Win User

Computer starts randomly lagging

Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive.

It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the information (only difference is I put in another 16 gb ram, so there's 32 gb total now): Robot Check

Windows Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

The situation is my computer (this happens at random time) randomly starts lagging. It doesn't completely freeze but It'll load extremely slow and remain in that state. The only thing you can do at this point is restart the computer because it's super slow. It's quite hard to even pull up the shut down option because due to the immense lag. When I do click the shut down button, the screen closes but the computer doesn't actually shut down. My computer lights, fans, etc.. are still running and I need to manually press the shut off button on the physical computer itself to turn it off.

I saw some posts to run HD Tune 2.55 so I did here's my Error scan and it shows everything perfect:
    https://i.imgur.com/ia2h3Qj.png

Thank you everyone for your help *Sad

:)

ken132, May 9, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 9, 2020
  3. computer lag

So I have this peculiar problem. A couple of days ago I was running windows 10 completely fine. Then randomly when I was using the computer, the screen turned off and on twice Then a message came up telling me a setting had changed on my computer and it
    needed a restart. I did so, and when I loaded back in, the computer randomly started lagging every 2-4 second, only when I moved the mouse. I tried to live with it, but it was overwhelming, so I decided to reinstall windows. After reinstalling windows again
    I loaded in and there was no lag, but then 20 minutes later the same thing happened. I reinstalled windows one last time but alas the setting changed once again. I would appreciate any help, my computer is somewhat unusable.

ryanspaker, May 9, 2020
  4. Computer starts randomly lagging

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Computer starts randomly lagging

1. Computer starts randomly lagging - Similar Threads - Computer starts randomly

2. Computer starts randomly lagging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer starts randomly lagging: Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive. It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the...
  3. Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...: i reinstalled windows last week due to file corruption and have been having an issue thats driving me crazy as despite trying a ton of fixes i cant seem to fix it. The windows explorer will somewhat randomly begin to lag and lag bleeds into certain other programs. It seems to...
  4. Computer Randomly Starts Up during Night

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly Starts Up during Night: Hello All, First time poster. I have an active account on Windows 7 Help Forum as well. I upgraded my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 6 months ago. The installation went without a hitch and I like Windows 10. I am having an odd issue which I cannot stop. At some...
  5. random music starts to play on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    random music starts to play on my computer: I WAKE UP TO MUSIC PLAYING AND IT COMES RANDOMLY DURING THE DAY I HAVE RUN Malwarebytes AND NOTHING SHOWS WRONG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-music-starts-to-play-on-my-computer/31b63469-d155-4f45-9d71-6be4f8320cf9
  6. Random Lag

Random Lag: 2 days ago, my computer just started running like 10x slower than before. Games run horrible, things open very slowly, bringing up taskbar is stuttery. this has never happened to me before and I have always been able to run games fast until now. Need help. Specs: GTX 1070...
  7. What caused my Computer's Audio to Start Popping and Lagging?

What caused my Computer's Audio to Start Popping and Lagging?: What causes a computer to randomly start having audio issues? I'm dealing with popping and laggy audio. It seems to get worse if I start doing anything that requires the computer to think, like play a video game, run Chrome (opening another tab, scrolling too fast) opening...
  8. Lagging and program is not starting

Lagging and program is not starting: I have installed Windows 10.but none of the program i can run.only open files.not even google chrome or any other dekstop program r working.what to do?...
  9. Random Mouse Lagging and beeping !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Mouse Lagging and beeping !: Hi guys how are you? Since yesterday im having this issue, my mouse starts lagging and beeping and i cant do anything else at the pc, the keyboard still works but if i turn the pc off or try to restart nothinh happens, i need to to press the reset button Is something...
  10. Keyboard Input Lag During Computer Start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Input Lag During Computer Start: Has anyone had trouble with keyboard input lag when the computer starts? I've tried typing in Chrome and Sticky Notes right after the computer logs in and there is heavy lag between keystroke and the character being displayed. This problem only exists the first 10-20 seconds...