Windows 10: Computer starts randomly lagging

Discus and support Computer starts randomly lagging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ken132, May 9, 2020.

1. ken132 Win User

Computer starts randomly lagging

Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive.

It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the information (only difference is I put in another 16 gb ram, so there's 32 gb total now): Robot Check

Windows Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

The situation is my computer (this happens at random time) randomly starts lagging. It doesn't completely freeze but It'll load extremely slow and remain in that state. The only thing you can do at this point is restart the computer because it's super slow. It's quite hard to even pull up the shut down option because due to the immense lag. When I do click the shut down button, the screen closes but the computer doesn't actually shut down. My computer lights, fans, etc.. are still running and I need to manually press the shut off button on the physical computer itself to turn it off.

I saw some posts to run HD Tune 2.55 so I did here's my Error scan and it shows everything perfect:
    https://i.imgur.com/ia2h3Qj.png

Thank you everyone for your help *Sad

:)

ken132, May 9, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 9, 2020
  3. computer lag

So I have this peculiar problem. A couple of days ago I was running windows 10 completely fine. Then randomly when I was using the computer, the screen turned off and on twice Then a message came up telling me a setting had changed on my computer and it
    needed a restart. I did so, and when I loaded back in, the computer randomly started lagging every 2-4 second, only when I moved the mouse. I tried to live with it, but it was overwhelming, so I decided to reinstall windows. After reinstalling windows again
    I loaded in and there was no lag, but then 20 minutes later the same thing happened. I reinstalled windows one last time but alas the setting changed once again. I would appreciate any help, my computer is somewhat unusable.

ryanspaker, May 9, 2020
  4. Computer starts randomly lagging

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Computer starts randomly lagging

1. Computer starts randomly lagging - Similar Threads - Computer starts randomly

2. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 randomly starts lagging: Hi, recently I have been experiencing an annoying issue with Windows. It seems whenever I play a game the OS starts lagging and the audio starts to lag/glitch. I have never experienced this issue before. With Assetto Corsa, the audio and OS starts lagging after 5 - 10 seconds...
  3. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 randomly starts lagging: Hi, recently I have been experiencing an annoying issue with Windows. It seems whenever I play a game the OS starts lagging and the audio starts to lag/glitch. I have never experienced this issue before. With Assetto Corsa, the audio and OS starts lagging after 5 - 10 seconds...
  4. Random Lag On My Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Lag On My Computer?: I recently got a new PC that is pretty strong, the specs are: RTX 3080 TI, Ryzen 9 5900 3ghz, 32GB of ram, W11 Home. randomly when doing certain things my computer lags, freezes for a few seconds, or just straight up lags hard. My drivers are up-to-date.When bringing 1...
  5. Random Lag On My Computer?

Random Lag On My Computer?: I recently got a new PC that is pretty strong, the specs are: RTX 3080 TI, Ryzen 9 5900 3ghz, 32GB of ram, W11 Home. randomly when doing certain things my computer lags, freezes for a few seconds, or just straight up lags hard. My drivers are up-to-date.When bringing 1...
  6. Random Heavy Computer Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Heavy Computer Lag: Hi Everyone!Was curious to know if I could get some assistance in helping me out with my studio machine. I'm noticing some very random very severe computer lag. I originally thought it could be a PSU issue, so I was able to under the warranty replace the unit and actually...
  7. Random Heavy Computer Lag

Random Heavy Computer Lag: Hi Everyone!Was curious to know if I could get some assistance in helping me out with my studio machine. I'm noticing some very random very severe computer lag. I originally thought it could be a PSU issue, so I was able to under the warranty replace the unit and actually...
  8. Random Heavy Computer Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC Randomly Starts Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Randomly Starts Lagging: At random times my PC starts to feel really laggy even if it CPU/RAM are at like 50% and the only thing that fixes it is restarting? Is anyone else having this issue? submitted by /u/shua-12 [link] [comments]...
  10. Computer starts randomly lagging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer starts randomly lagging: Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive. It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the...