Windows 10: Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up

Discus and support Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is slow starting up and about 30 minutes later it freezes up and I have to turn it off and try to look for the problem. I've looked on HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rustyrose01, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up

My computer is slow starting up and about 30 minutes later it freezes up and I have to turn it off and try to look for the problem. I've looked on HP support assistant and can't find the problem. I recently received the free McAfee antivirus but I didn't want because it was only on a trial basis so I deleted it from the programs. I then bought Total AV. I also installed a free cleaner but it didn't help. I don't know what to do. Can you please help me?

:)

rustyrose01, Jan 4, 2020

2. Computer starts slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur, due to any third party application conflict.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Safe Mode

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up

computer freezes on start up

Hi,

I am trying to fix a computer and would appreciate any suggestions of help.

I start the computer, it loads, gets to the windows screen, the blue segmented line goes across a couple of times then the whole thing freezes in that spot, the blue line stops moving and that's as far as it gets.

Things I tried:
    F8 - safe mode
    - last known good configuration
    - Start Windows normally
    - (etc)
    When I tried these it just came back to the F8 screen.

Pushing 'R' didn't do anything (I was told this could make a repair) o.0 ??

Tried to boot up from an operating system disk by changing the boot up menu (delete) and this didn't work either. All it did was get to the windows screen and the blue line moved across a couple of times and it froze again in that spot.. exactly the same as when I try to start it.

I am clueless now as to how to get this computer working. Any ideas?

Kymberly_S, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up

1. Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up - Similar Threads - Computer starts slowly

2. Freezing on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Freezing on start up: My brand new laptop freezes at the screen before adding my pin code. The mouse moves around no problem but when I click it does nothing. Usually it should take me to the pin code entry option.So now I have to restart my Laptop just to get access to the pin code entry part....
  3. Camera starting up slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  4. camera starting up slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  5. Computer Freezing shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Freezing shortly after start up: yesterday I got on my fairly new computer and it froze up a couple minutes after i turned it on, the only way I could turn it off is holding the power button for 10 seconds. I have tried many things, please help. submitted by /u/LardLord56789 [link] [comments]...
  6. Computer freezing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing up: Hello, Ive been having issues lately with my computer freezing up and crashing for no reaason. Im not even doing anything intensive on it, just simply watching youtube. I have VirtualBox, and ive checked the event viewer logs and it seems that right before it crashes, it...
  7. Computer Freezing up

Computer Freezing up: Hi, My computer keeps freezing up and then a blue screen shows up saying that there is a problem and that the system is trying to fix it and will shut itself down. But it never shuts down and I have to press the power button to unfreeze the system. It just happened again and...
  8. computer freezing up

computer freezing up: I just removed Macfee from my computer which is about a year and half. I just used Windows Defender and thought it would fix my problem of the computer freezing up. What more can I do?...
  9. computer freezes up

computer freezes up: My computer will freeze up when watching videos. Doesn't matter if it is on YouTube or any other website. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes-up/b3e839e9-b8ee-4bba-b42b-9018447a776c
  10. Computer freezing up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing up.: I am using a HP Pavalon with 16 MB of RAM which is running Windows 10 with the latest update. Normally the computer runs fine. However, when running Photoshop CC, after about 1/2 hour or so, the program stops working. I found that if I open the "Task Manager" and click on...