Windows 10: Computer Starts-up with Devices Diagnostic Level set to Basic and without my Pictures and...

Discus and support Computer Starts-up with Devices Diagnostic Level set to Basic and without my Pictures and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using a new (few weeks old) HP desktop computer with Windows 10. It has been working fine until three nights ago when we had a sudden power cut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by G4BUE, Jun 29, 2019.

1. G4BUE Win User

Computer Starts-up with Devices Diagnostic Level set to Basic and without my Pictures and...

I am using a new (few weeks old) HP desktop computer with Windows 10. It has been working fine until three nights ago when we had a sudden power cut causing the computer to suddenly shut-down. When I restarted it, the desktop had gone back to what it was when I first bought the machine and all my pictures and documents were missing, as were some of the apps I had installed on it. Luckily I was using a WD external back-up drive and was able to reinstall the documents and pictures from that, along with my desktop. I reconfigured the rest of the computer (mouse pointer, desktop background colour, etc) and thought all was well. I closed the computer as normal that evening and the following morning when I switched it back on, it did the same. I had to reconfigure it again and yesterday morning, when I switched it on, it started-up with my desktop correct but still without my documents and pictures. After reinstalling my documents and pictures yesterday, I did a Restart and it re-started fine. This morning it has started up again as it did the first two times, but I did notice that as it was loading there was a notice saying Windows was being prepared. Also, I noticed a notification this morning that said, "Your device's diagnostic data level has been set to basic by your administrator or organisation". I didn't notice if this occurred on the previous problamatic start-ups. I have searched these forums and Google, and cannot find any reference to this happening to others, hence my message here for help, please. Thanks, Chris Page.

:)

G4BUE, Jun 29, 2019

2. Sync settings does nothing on new Windows 10 machine

We suggest that you change the Feedback and Diagnostics settings on both devices. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, Feedback & diagnostics.
    • Your Diagnostics and usage data settings are probably set to Basic. Just change it to Enhanced or higher.
    Once you change Feedback and Diagnostics settings, you should be able to sync your settings normally again.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Account Not Syncing/Roaming (Profile Image, Lock Screen Image, Desktop Background, Start Menu Customization, etc)

Hi George,

We suggest that you change the Feedback and Diagnostics Settings of your computer, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, Feedback & diagnostics.
    • Your Diagnostics and usage data settings are probably set to Basic. Just change it to Enhanced or higher.
    The computer should be able to sync your settings normally again after the changes are made.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Computer Starts-up with Devices Diagnostic Level set to Basic and without my Pictures and...

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Starts-up with Devices Diagnostic Level set to Basic and without my Pictures and... - Similar Threads - Computer Starts Devices

2. Why is my Computer suddenly starting up without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Computer suddenly starting up without a password: My computer is suddenly starting up without a password. However, when I try to contact Microsoft I am being directed to obtain community help. I have not changed any setting in my computer and so very confused as to why it would suddenly start with a different screen and...
  3. Why is my Computer suddenly starting up without a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Computer suddenly starting up without a password: My computer is suddenly starting up without a password. However, when I try to contact Microsoft I am being directed to obtain community help. I have not changed any setting in my computer and so very confused as to why it would suddenly start with a different screen and...
  4. Why is my Computer suddenly starting up without a password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My picture when computer starts

My picture when computer starts: How do I put in my picture when the computer starts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-picture-when-computer-starts/f1fc3e24-60d5-4840-863d-9dfc6f54374f
  6. My computer is starting up in the startup settings screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is starting up in the startup settings screen: Every time I turn on the computer it goes automatically into that startup settings screen where you can use the f1-f9 keys and I don't know how to stop it submitted by /u/pvdcmc [link] [comments]...
  7. When my computer is in the start up mode the picture is blurry

When my computer is in the start up mode the picture is blurry: When my computer is in the start up mode, the picture is blurry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-computer-is-in-the-start-up-mode-the/914cd5ce-874c-45a0-9c54-ca2a03b504e6
  8. start up pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    start up pictures: I think the people who choose these pictures must suffer from depression. Very few of them are of sunny days. Many of them are taken from ground level. They should choose pictures of large vistas on sunny days....
  9. start up picture

start up picture: used to get a different picture at startup, now with WIN 10 build 1909, same image every time, want the auto change back, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-picture/ab2d8329-ca26-47d1-b2d4-9d3e16fa5bd3
  10. Start up picture

Start up picture: I have a Toshiba All in One PX35t-A2300. I'm using Windows 10. After the May Update, there is a problem when my computer starts up Usually a scenic picture comes up on the screen then the user or owners picture (mine) comes up. It starts up ok except that the scenic picture...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diagnostic data level set to baSIC