Windows 10: Computer Startup

Discus and support Computer Startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, When we first turn our HP Desktop, it goes to black screen with spinning dots and wont go any further. I've done the system restores and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndrewAttia1, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Computer Startup

Hello,

When we first turn our HP Desktop, it goes to black screen with spinning dots and wont go any further.

I've done the system restores and it wont do it. It gives me an error code.

Source: AppxStaging

Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. ( 0x80070091)

I don't want to lose any files on my computer as I have quite a few important family photos.

Please help

:)

AndrewAttia1, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Startup

Hi Yossif,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

This issue might occur some of the Startup setting got corrupted.
    I suggest you to try performing Start up repair and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Computer Startup

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Computer Startup

1. Computer Startup - Similar Threads - Computer Startup

2. Local accounts on computer not appearing in Switch User panel or startup screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local accounts on computer not appearing in Switch User panel or startup screen: Hello everyone, this issue has been going on for a few weeks nowIn doing some rutinary computer cleaning, I found a user folder in C: that was from a local account that I renamed at some point in time, but the user folder was "duplicated" so there was a user folder with the...
  3. Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works: Hello,During the last months I found a problem with five computers in our company: when they log into Windows the system stops and we have to press shutdown button to restart neither control+alt+delete worksThis problem occurs randomly. Sometimes is one of these five...
  4. Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works: Hello,During the last months I found a problem with five computers in our company: when they log into Windows the system stops and we have to press shutdown button to restart neither control+alt+delete worksThis problem occurs randomly. Sometimes is one of these five...
  5. Startup Settings doesn't appear when I restart my computer from the troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Settings doesn't appear when I restart my computer from the troubleshooting options: When I press restart in the startup settings menu, my computer doesn't restart and instead fails to display an image. My fans are still running so I know my computer is still on, but I have to turn it off and back on again at which point it boots to the normal windows start...
  6. Startup Settings doesn't appear when I restart my computer from the troubleshooting options

Startup Settings doesn't appear when I restart my computer from the troubleshooting options: When I press restart in the startup settings menu, my computer doesn't restart and instead fails to display an image. My fans are still running so I know my computer is still on, but I have to turn it off and back on again at which point it boots to the normal windows start...
  7. Startup Settings doesn't appear when I restart my computer from the troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode: I have a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 running Windows 10 Home Version 2009 OS Build 10.0.19045.3693 Goes to a black screen at startup. Tried to reset it by turning it off and holding the button for 10 seconds three times without success. I will not start in safe mode. Just...
  9. Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode

Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode: I have a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 running Windows 10 Home Version 2009 OS Build 10.0.19045.3693 Goes to a black screen at startup. Tried to reset it by turning it off and holding the button for 10 seconds three times without success. I will not start in safe mode. Just...
  10. Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade