Windows 10: Computer Static Screen Post Update

Discus and support Computer Static Screen Post Update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop that I've had for about a year and a half. The last two times I had restarted my PC, I've gotten a static on my external monitor.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Shadicman67555, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Computer Static Screen Post Update

I have an HP laptop that I've had for about a year and a half. The last two times I had restarted my PC, I've gotten a static on my external monitor. The main reason I do not use the main monitor is because the main one had broken and become unusable after I had dropped the laptop. I need to be able to use a monitor, or else I cannot see the screen. Any help?

:)

Shadicman67555, Nov 1, 2020

2. Can't connect to internet with computer set with static IP

My guess is that you made a typing mistake, e.g. typing 192.186 instead of 192.168. If this is not the case then I suggest this:

• Set the machine to DHCP.
    • Check if you can ping your other machines.
    • Mark and copy the command below with Ctrl+C.
    • Press the Windows key+R
    • Press Ctrl+V, then Enter.
    • Repeat steps 2 to 5 for a static address.
    • Post the results of Step 2 (twice!) plus the contents of the desktop file IP.txt.

cmd.exe /c ipconfig /all >> "%UserProfile%"\Desktop\IP.txt"

Frederik Long, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Computer Static Screen Post Update

Colorful Static Screen After Update

Hello. I have recently just installed the newest update for Windows 10. However, there is an issue I find to be very annoying. Every time I open my computer, and it is not asleep, instead of the lockscreen (Windows Spotlight or otherwise) there is a bright,
    colorful static screen that flickers when I move my cursor (Which is a static, distorted square). I can move my mouse, click things, type, etc, but the screen is just static. I have to restart my computer manually every time. The other previous updates didn't
    have this problem. Is there a way to fix it? Thanks!

Natalia Brown, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Computer Static Screen Post Update

1. Computer Static Screen Post Update - Similar Threads - Computer Static Screen

2. Static thing stuck on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Static thing stuck on screen: A random little black static popped up on my screen, i tried rebooting my pc and nothing helped, i dont know why its there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/static-thing-stuck-on-screen/56e57de4-fc06-48b4-b5ce-bc156d7e396f
  3. Semi update to recent post: RIP Computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Semi update to recent post: RIP Computer: Hello again r/windows10, i didn’t think I’d be back so soon seeking assistance! So minor update to my last question about my wi-fi card...I now think it’s intermittent functioning was a indication of something much more serious. Last night, the card again disabled itself....
  4. Colorful Static Screen after May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colorful Static Screen after May 2020 Update: I have had an issue with my pc since the May update. A static flickering screen, would appear sometime on start up but, only on occasion; at most once a week. This was problematic and I tried to uninstall my driver and a few other things I saw on the online forum. Nothing...
  5. computer hangs at POST

computer hangs at POST: my pc hangs at startup at post screen it has now happened for second time what to do I have already tried changing ssd sata cable also changed psu cable that connects ssd what else should I do step by step?...
  6. Screen Flashes Rainbows and Static

Screen Flashes Rainbows and Static: Hi, I got my PC recently brand new, and when I turn it on the power for the first time it tells me Microsoft didn't finish installing. No problem there I run msoobe.exe and it ends up okay, or so I thought. Every time I power it up now I get a bunch of command windows doing...
  7. Static screen on start-up

Static screen on start-up: Ive had a problem with this multiple times since getting my pc. Whenever i do an update on a driver or windows i get a colourful static screen, my mouse and keyboard dont function while this screen is on and it does nothing but fuzz basically. Im pretty new to pc's but i...
  8. Static screen

Static screen: Hey so i have a windows custom built pc with a fairly new graphics card, for the last few months ive been getting red screen tears and now every 10 - 15 minutes the screen goes to complete static. It goes away when i turn the monitor off and back on but i need a permanent...
  9. Screen gone static

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen gone static: Hi, I turned on my computer this morning (10/7/18) specs: Gigabyte ultra durable mother board ds3p fx, 4.2ghz processor (fx-4170) with 4gb ram and windows 10. i loaded it up and the Gigabyte logo came up and started loading fine, then my screen went static. i rebooted using...
  10. Computer freezes on post

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on post: It sometimes (not always) happens when I need to change a UEFI setting. When it's happening the screen turns black and the computer tries to reboot. Note that the computer does not crash to the point of a memory dump. When this happens I have to keep trying to reboot and...