Windows 10: Computer stays in sleep mode

Discus and support Computer stays in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10, version 21H1. Today my computer went into sleep mode. On-Off button was flashing as usual. However, when I moved the mouse or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jamers1, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Jamers1 Win User

Computer stays in sleep mode

I am running Windows 10, version 21H1. Today my computer went into sleep mode. On-Off button was flashing as usual. However, when I moved the mouse or touched several different keys on the keyboard, nothing happened. It remained in sleep mode. I pressed and held the on-off button. It had no effect. I was able to get it out of sleep mode by unplugging the computer. What do you think is causing the problem?

:)

Jamers1, Jul 23, 2021
  2. sjohn_az Win User

Windows sleep mode--computer won't stay asleep

I usually manual enter sleep mode on my computer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can put the computer to sleep but several minutes later the computer "wakes up" again. I have no problems initially going into sleep mode. Computer fan stops, HD stops etc.
    It just doesn't want to stay asleep. Any suggestions?

S. Johnson

sjohn_az, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Donald-S Win User
    computer will not stay in sleep mode

computer will not stay in sleep mode. How do I fix

Donald-S, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Computer stays in sleep mode

Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Please see details below:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
      • Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.726)
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
      • No changes this is a brand new computer.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
      • I have only played around with power management settings and disabled the "allow this device to wake the computer" setting.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
      • Alienware Aurora R7
    • Have you already updated your BIOS settings by downloading the drivers from the manufacturer’s website?
      • I haven't done this but it says I am up to date.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of your Advanced Power Settings?
      • I am not sure how to do this. Its in power saver mode and monitor and PC are set to go into sleep mode after 2 minutes
    • Did you receive any error messages?
      • No

NeilSheehan, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Computer stays in sleep mode

1. Computer stays in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Computer stays sleep

2. New Windows 11 computer won't stay in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 computer won't stay in sleep mode: So I bought a new computer with Face Recognition so I wouldn't have to continually use Touch ID and I'm thinking now it was a mistake. Every time I put it to sleep, within a few minutes the IR camera senses me at my desk and wakes it up. I've tried putting it to sleep from...
  3. New Windows 11 computer won't stay in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 computer won't stay in sleep mode: So I bought a new computer with Face Recognition so I wouldn't have to continually use Touch ID and I'm thinking now it was a mistake. Every time I put it to sleep, within a few minutes the IR camera senses me at my desk and wakes it up. I've tried putting it to sleep from...
  4. computer not staying in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer not staying in sleep mode: Unbelievably as it might seem, in so many years since this problem has been reported, the wise guys at microsoft could not fix it. I already had a computer broken because it woke up during the night and started auto processing dna strands matching with three gpu cards and all...
  5. computer not staying in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not staying in sleep mode: Unbelievably as it might seem, in so many years since this problem has been reported, the wise guys at microsoft could not fix it. I already had a computer broken because it woke up during the night and started auto processing dna strands matching with three gpu cards and all...
  6. computer not staying in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC does NOT STAY in sleep mode

PC does NOT STAY in sleep mode: Hi, I have set my power option for my monitor to turn off after 2 minutes and the computer to sleep after 5 minutes. For a unknown reason my screen turns off after 2 minutes and turns back on almost immediately after. Can somebody help me? Note I run Win10 Pro 20H2....
  8. my computer will no longer stay in sleep mode

my computer will no longer stay in sleep mode: never was a problem, but in last few weeks sleep mode only lasts for less than a minute. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-no-longer-stay-in-sleep-mode/a03116e9-c315-4d04-8ba7-0244285e0d02
  9. Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.

Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.: The screen goes black and the sleep indicator light begins flashing, but after a few seconds it returns to the log on screen. Why and how to make it stay asleep?...
  10. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode: Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out of sleep mode as if a button was pressed or something. Power cfg -requests gives me DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER]...