Windows 10: Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network

Discus and support Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My problem is rather strange and one I haven't come across before. Today, out of the blue, my PC stopped being discovered by other devices on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Qasimehdi, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Qasimehdi Win User

Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network

My problem is rather strange and one I haven't come across before.

Today, out of the blue, my PC stopped being discovered by other devices on the home network; the Plex media server and Unified Remote servers running on the computer are being discovered by their respective apps just fine, but the stopped showing up under network devices in apps like ES File Explorer and Network File Explorer for file-sharing purposes.

The computer is on a wired connection to the router while the other devices are connected through wifi. When I initially switched to a wifi connection on the computer with the help of a Wireless N USB Adapter, the computer popped back up under network devices, but even that has stopped working now.

I've gone through the basics, restarted everything, did a network reset, did a factory reset on the router, uninstalled and reinstalled Ethernet drivers, flushed IP routes restarted and the issue hasn't gone away.Deleting network profile entries from the registry and restarting worked to get lan discovery on Wifi network active again but then I did something else and it went away.

Any ideas?

:)

Qasimehdi, Oct 2, 2017

2. Totally delete Windows 10 user accounts

Update. I discovered that if you mark the Accounts you wanted to delete as Hidden, they show up on any other computer in the network that shows hidden files. If those computers do not show hidden files then they do not show up.

As an Administrator, I also used the Computer Management process to try to stop sharing those folders on the network, but when you hit "stop sharing" nothing happens and they are still shown at the bottom as being shared.

I would love to just totally delete those user accounts. I also tried using the "lusrmgr.msc" process, but a big red x at the top of it said this version of Windows 10 does not allow it.

The ole man, Oct 2, 2017
  3. Can my PC be discovered by Bluetooth devices or not?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I am glad to assist you with the issue.

Please provide the following information:

1) Have you updated the Bluetooth drivers?

2) What is the make and model number of your Bluetooth device?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter and check if can see the toggle switch in the desktop:

1) Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and click on troubleshooter.

2) In the left pane, click on View all.

3) Now click on Hardware and device and follow the on screen instruction.

I suggest that you update your Bluetooth drivers. Follow the steps below to perform an update:

1) Press Windows + X and select Device manager.

2) Select Bluetooth adapter.

3) Right click on driver and select update driver software.

4) Next follow the instructions to install it.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network

Check your network properties Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Change connection properties). Is "Make this PC discoverable" still turned on? If not, turn it back on.

Windows will turn this off if it thinks you've moved to a different network. Changing routers will do this. Perhaps getting a new IP address from DHCP might (but I doubt it).

pokeefe0001, Oct 4, 2017
Thema:

Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network

1. Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network - Similar Threads - Computer stopped being

2. 1 of 3 computers on my network will not discover the others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1 of 3 computers on my network will not discover the others.: I have looked at every settings I could find, but one of my laptops will not "see" the other 2 computers on the network for file and printer sharing. Laptop #1 can see the desktop and other laptop, shared files and shared printers. Laptop #2 sees the desktop media device but...
  3. can't discover other computer on network

can't discover other computer on network: I have spent a lot of time with 3 different techs at Microsoft trying to fix the lack of discovery on my wifi network. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-discover-other-computer-on-network/a9047407-7e56-4560-be00-48c28e979630
  4. Laptop can neither discover near by bluetooth devices nor can be discovered to other...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop can neither discover near by bluetooth devices nor can be discovered to other...: I have been using Samsung's NP300E5A laptop and I recently happened to clean format my device. The bluetooth had been working fine before the format but it has brought up some issues after the format. I tried every possible solutions but failed to solve the problem. The...
  5. unable to discover desktop computer on private network

unable to discover desktop computer on private network: I am unable to discover my desktop computer on private network. My desktop can access my laptop but not the otherway round. It used to be fully useable a few weeks ago....
  6. Network computers not being discovered

Network computers not being discovered: Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. I have 3 computers A and B and C as follows A Win 10 Pro ver 1803 (MAIN) B Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (SLAVE) C Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (NUC) all connected by ethernet cable to a switch, the switch is then ethernet connected to the...
  7. Home Network seeing other computer/devices

Home Network seeing other computer/devices: I just installed windows 10 pro it isn't showing any of my other computers or printers 3 in total except for 1 and my Dlinks drive. One printer is connected by a 1 usb port print server the other is connected by way of the net drive (d-links) and other is connect thru...
  8. Network Discover issues

Network Discover issues: Three of my four workgroup PCs discover all the others, but one only discovers itself and one other. One of these has full access to all the shares on all the others, but none of the others have any access except to themselves and to the Netgear ReadyShare. I have...
  9. what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices:

what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices:: How do you fix a 35848 - Error discovering network devices: The requested service was not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-35848-error-discovering-network-devices/722e4cc6-20bf-4ed3-8c08-0d0c672eff67
  10. XP being able to discover W10 computers on my private network

XP being able to discover W10 computers on my private network: This one will be a no-brainer for you folks... Up until a recent security update for XP that I loaded maybe a week or less ago, I had no problems at all. I can not explore my workgroup ("Buffy", just to irritate my wife) from my XP computer (both the XP and the W10...