Windows 10: Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks

Discus and support Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've always restarted my computer before going to bed at night. Then it goes to sleep after three hours. When I get on it in the morning, I double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by asus2016, Sep 8, 2020.

1. asus2016 Win User

Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks

I've always restarted my computer before going to bed at night. Then it goes to sleep after three hours. When I get on it in the morning, I double click the mouse, and it's up and running in a few seconds.

Except today, the mouseclicks didn't wake the computer. Yesterday they did. Today they didn't.

It's not Windows updates. The last updates to my computer 8/11. There was a security definitions update to Microsoft Defender on 9/7, but I doubt that affected the wake-on-mouse.

It's not the "normal" settings - device manager > mice > properties > power management shows "allow this device to wake this computer" checked and "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked.

It's not the mouse. Not sure how to test it, but its movement, both buttons, and the scroll wheel work.

And it wasn't a onetime thing. I used the start menu power settings to put the computer to sleep this morning, and again, the mouse wouldn't wake it.

What else can I try?

Waking the computer with the mouse is the easiest way to wake it, but if for some reason I can't make that work, what are other easy ways to wake it?

:)

asus2016, Sep 8, 2020
  2. tcebob Win User

Can't stop mouse from waking computer

I had already set the network driver (Nvidia) to not wake. At your suggestion, In power options I changed the Allow wake timers setting to Disable. Sorry to report, the mouse still wakes the computer. I do appreciate your help.

tcebob, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Mouse click turns computer on!

I have mine setup to wake from sleepmode with any key stroke or mouse click.

casual swift, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks - Similar Threads - Computer stopped waking

2. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake computer from keyboard/mouse: Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors and I would like to not have to open my laptop every time to wake this....
  3. Computer stopped waking on mouseclicks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stopped waking on mouseclicks: I've always restarted my computer before going to bed at night. Then it goes to sleep after three hours. When I get on it in the morning, I double click the mouse, and it's up and running in a few seconds. Except today, the mouseclicks didn't wake the computer. Yesterday...
  4. Is it possible to set mouse to wake computer on click only, not on movement

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to set mouse to wake computer on click only, not on movement: Hi all I'm not sure if this is possible as I've tried in the past to achieve this. I have a Logitech G502 wireless mouse. My PC (Windows 10) is set to go to standby when unattended. I like for a keyboard press or mouse click to wake the computer which both work. However...
  5. How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?: I don't want my computer to wake from Sleep when the mouse is moved. I went to Computer Management > Device Manager > Mice > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer". However moving the mouse still wakes the...
  6. Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer: I'm using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, which is connected to an external monitor. After starting my laptop, the lid is closed. When I step away from the computer for an hour or so, it goes to sleep and the monitor screen is blank. When I return, I should be able to press...
  7. Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

Mouse wakes computer even though . . .: Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke. Not using Logitech software,...
  8. Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse wakes computer even though . . .: Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke. Not using Logitech software,...
  9. Can't stop mouse from waking computer

Can't stop mouse from waking computer: Win 10 pro 10240, logitech m705, running Setpoint. I've disabled mouse waking computer for the two mouse drivers I can find. Nevertheless, the mouse continues to wake. Could there be some other driver (like Nvidia) which needs tweaking? When I was using a usb mouse the...
  10. How to stop the mouse waking up the machine?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop the mouse waking up the machine?: Hello folks, I am trying to figure out how to stop the mouse from waking up the machine. I checked mouse power management and the option 'Allow this device to wake up the computer' is not checked. Screenshot below. Still the mouse wakes up the laptop. How do I fix this?...