Windows 10: Computer stopped working after restarting it

Discus and support Computer stopped working after restarting it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 computer has this issue where I am unable to run any programs and use the windows menu on the bottom left. I’m basically unable to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Draughy, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Draughy Win User

Computer stopped working after restarting it

My windows 10 computer has this issue where I am unable to run any programs and use the windows menu on the bottom left. I’m basically unable to do anything as when I run a program my cursor will have the spinning blue circle and it will infinitely load and when I try to do anything it will not let me. I can’t even turn off the computer I have to turn it off by holding the power button. The issue started when I restarted my computer. When I restart my computer and when it boots back up the infinite loading issue happens. I was able to fix the issue by wiping my computer and completely resettin

:)

Draughy, Jul 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 2, 2021
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 2, 2021
  4. hr0201 Win User

"audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube

And another thing to try:
    Update your audio drivers (strange that this would be necessary as there hadn't been any changes for me; but it usually is a good idea to have the latest drivers anyway).
    Note: We did have a PC whose audio stopped working and a BIOS update solved it. This definitely wasn't the root of the problem for that computer because it was working like normal before and there were no apparent changes (and the user didn't have administrative access). I'd recommend this as a last step. I've never had a problem with a BIOS update but prefer to do it only if there is a useful fix (and of course better to back up before).

Here's another solution that someone posted:
    Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
    I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked
    note: make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled
    < I don't know if this is necessary but that's what the poster suggested. - >

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    << I would think just updating the driver would probably work, but if not (for instance if it's up-to-date) then you could try the following steps as well. - >>
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

hr0201, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer stopped working after restarting it - Similar Threads - Computer stopped working

2. "news and interests" stopped working after computer restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "news and interests" stopped working after computer restart: i have been using news and interests on my main taskbar, which is placed vertically, on my secondary display, and it had been working fine like that for MONTHS, until yesterday, i have updated to the latest version, and still the problem persists, you claim, "News and...
  3. "news and interests" stopped working after computer restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "news and interests" stopped working after computer restart: i have been using news and interests on my main taskbar, which is placed vertically, on my secondary display, and it had been working fine like that for MONTHS, until yesterday, i have updated to the latest version, and still the problem persists, you claim, "News and...
  4. "news and interests" stopped working after computer restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Programs stop working until computer restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs stop working until computer restart: Hi,Every once and a while almost all .exe's will either stop responding or not even open. If they open its just a white screen and task master says the program is not responding. This can be fixed by restarting my computer, but I want to know why this happens and if there is...
  6. Webcam stops working shortly after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stops working shortly after restart: Hello, Just since a few days my build in laptop webcam works for like 5 seconds after a restart and the stops working. I get the error that the webcam got unplugged. Wenn I reopen the camera app it shows the error: No camera attached. What can I do? The webcam also...
  7. computer stopping and restarting

computer stopping and restarting: My PC suddenly stops, displays blue screen and restarts. How do i solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stopping-and-restarting/b449d411-a67f-45ea-a59f-286904ccedc0
  8. computer stopping and restarting

computer stopping and restarting: My computer stops , shows blue screen stating problem with pc and restarts This happens 4 to five times a day. How can i solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stopping-and-restarting/ab35e45c-8494-4b5f-8d28-ef8d6fd78b0a
  9. Fingerprint sensor stopped working after restart

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working after restart: This happened one day on my HP ENVY Windows 10 home: I finished quarantined infected files using Malwarebytes, and it told me to restart my system. After I restarted, I had to sign in again, so I touched my finger against the fingerprint sensor. Guess what? NOTHING...
  10. WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown: I had just shutdown my computer for the night when I noticed the screen said there was an error and displayed one of those 2D barcodes. When the laptop restarted there was no active wifi connections, and i found out my wifi network adapters were no longer even present. I...