Windows 10: computer stopped

Discus and support computer stopped in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; computer stoped a red banner went up say microsoft and a phone number i called and they said somebody get into the computer and everything stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mark-FranBreiner, Jan 22, 2020.

1. computer stopped

computer stoped a red banner went up say microsoft and a phone number i called and they said somebody get into the computer and everything stopped they could help me is is thgis true true

:)

Mark-FranBreiner, Jan 22, 2020

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Stopping computer

Hi Jean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on the issue, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I make the order stop” how are you stopping the programs?
    • Are you referring to “Restart/Shutdown anyway” option while turning off the computer?

You may want to check the settings mentioned below and see if that helps:

Disable Fast Startup:

If Fast Startup is enabled on the computer, I would suggest you to try disabling Fast Startup and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Power Options.
    4. Click on Choose what the power buttons do, and click
      Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Turn on fast startup.
    6. Click Save changes

Disable Hibernation:

Also, if you have enabled Hibernation, let’s try disabling Hibernation and check:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      powercfg /hibernate off

For more information on disabling Hibernation, see
    How to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running Windows

If the issue persists, please reply us with detailed information on the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 22, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

computer stopped

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

computer stopped

1. computer stopped - Similar Threads - computer stopped

2. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  3. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  4. Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...: Need Help installing EPIC/ ? media player ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-have-new-hp-computer-i-need-to-install/3ae96ea2-aeb2-41a8-815d-b9e82577046d
  5. Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...

Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...: Need Help installing EPIC/ ? media player ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-have-new-hp-computer-i-need-to-install/3ae96ea2-aeb2-41a8-815d-b9e82577046d
  6. Why doesn't Windows Update ask me what I want on my computer and stop installing JUNK by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Windows Update ask me what I want on my computer and stop installing JUNK by...: When will windows stop installing GARBAGE on my computer by default and not asking me, the owner, user, operator, admin. what I want to install on my computer? So sick of Your Edge updates, copilot, cortana, etc. JUNK....
  7. Why doesn't Windows Update ask me what I want on my computer and stop installing JUNK by...

Why doesn't Windows Update ask me what I want on my computer and stop installing JUNK by...: When will windows stop installing GARBAGE on my computer by default and not asking me, the owner, user, operator, admin. what I want to install on my computer? So sick of Your Edge updates, copilot, cortana, etc. JUNK....
  8. Gaminput stopped working and my computer restarted duing game play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaminput stopped working and my computer restarted duing game play: First, my specs:OS: Windows 11 HomeCPU: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzMOBO: Asustek PRIME Z590-PRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 RAM 16GB 3600MHz x2GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080PSU: Corsair HX1000 watt 80 PLUS platniumSummary:I'm beta testing "Once human" game...
  9. Gaminput stopped working and my computer restarted duing game play

Gaminput stopped working and my computer restarted duing game play: First, my specs:OS: Windows 11 HomeCPU: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzMOBO: Asustek PRIME Z590-PRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 RAM 16GB 3600MHz x2GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080PSU: Corsair HX1000 watt 80 PLUS platniumSummary:I'm beta testing "Once human" game...
  10. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...