Windows 10: Computer stopping at the boot list.

Discus and support Computer stopping at the boot list. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few days ago when I started my PC I was greeted with this: https://i.imgur.com/haxOo3b.jpg I didn't know what to do, so I hit CTRL ALT DELETE to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bibbis, Jan 23, 2016.

1. bibbis Win User

Computer stopping at the boot list.

A few days ago when I started my PC I was greeted with this:
    https://i.imgur.com/haxOo3b.jpg

I didn't know what to do, so I hit CTRL ALT DELETE to just restart the PC, and it did.
    From that time, and every time I start my PC now, it stops at the boot list until I select my SSD drive (windows).
    After that, windows starts up just fine and I don't have any problems using my PC.

This is the boot list:
    https://i.imgur.com/3t3IEUk.jpg
    I consulted a friend about what EFI Shell is, and he told me that's what I saw in the first picture here.
    We don't know why my PC tried booting like that, and now, even though I have completely disabled every possible boot option, EXCEPT my SSD drive, this is still happening.

Windows is starting up normally after I have selected my SSD drive in the list, but I am noticing performance issues, (games and applications that usually didn't impact my CPU too much, are now suddently eating up my CPU capacity completely).
    But I have NO IDEA if that's in any way related to the boot issue.

:)

bibbis, Jan 23, 2016
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows update to creator caused a no boot after the login

Hi Laura,

If your computer is not booting, it could be that the installation of the Windows 10 Creators Update has been interrupted and may have corrupted it, or that it might relate to a hardware failure. For us to assist you properly in troubleshooting your computer
    that is not booting, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When you power on your computer, does the logo of the manufacturer appear?
    • Are there any external hardware and peripherals attached to the computer when the computer starts up?
    • Does the computer boot past the manufacturer's logo, but stops or restarts before booting Windows?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 23, 2016
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    stop code

Hello Farideh,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly is happening on your computer?
    • When did your concern start?
    • Any changes on your computer before you encountered the concern?
    • Where are you seeing the stop code?
    • Can you still boot your computer?
    • How many minutes does it takes before the stop code appears?
    Hope to hear from you soon?

Argel Obm, Jan 23, 2016
Thema:

Computer stopping at the boot list.

1. Computer stopping at the boot list. - Similar Threads - Computer stopping boot

2. Stopping Programs That Boot When Computer Boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping Programs That Boot When Computer Boots: Whenever I boot two of my three computers, a program I use called Evernote and Skype both boot. I just X them out. I looked in AutoRun to see if they were listed. Any idea what to do?...
  3. Stopping Programs That Boot When Computer Boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping Programs That Boot When Computer Boots: Whenever I boot two of my three computers, a program I use called Evernote and Skype both boot. I just X them out. I looked in AutoRun to see if they were listed. Any idea what to do?...
  4. Drive Listed In BIOS But Will Not Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Listed In BIOS But Will Not Boot: Computer would not shut downHeld down shift key while clicking on power/shutdownOn start up a repair screen came upTrouble shooting did not workSelected boot drive in BIOS nothingWhat can I do to find the problem?...
  5. Computer Shows List Of Parts When Boot Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shows List Of Parts When Boot Up: Hello. When I turn on my computer running windows 10, I get a screen showing my computer components see photo attached and this happenes every time and I have to press F2 and then the computer restarts and boots up properly. This is super annoying and a waste of my time....
  6. list of stop codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    list of stop codes: Hi I continue to get different stop codes and I am looking for the list and what causes these specific stop codes. I get at least one a day and it is very frustrating; I know I have to take action, but not sure what. John R Pennsylvania...
  7. Stop computer booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop computer booting into safe mode: My screen started flickering and (following a bad guide) I used msconfig to configure safe mode. Safe mode does not allow PIN login. My password does not work. I am sure that I have remembered it correctly. I can log into https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and see my...
  8. Stop updating computers when they are first booting!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop updating computers when they are first booting!: Microsoft. For Christ sake THINK! I'm booting my laptop because i have important time critical work to do. And you TAKE MY COMPUTER HOSTAGE TO INSTALL UPDATES! Get a hint. Your UPDATE POLICY SUCKS. And in the range of SUCKING, installing updates at boot time is THE...
  9. Computer not listed on 'network'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer not listed on 'network': Hi Everyone I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.) The...
  10. Computer Suddenly Stopped Booting up...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Suddenly Stopped Booting up...: Hi there, Recently, my computer has been very strange... I have been having unwitnessed BSODs (showing up in the reliability monitor), lots of hardware errors in the reliability monitor and multiple programs stopping working. The troubleshooting steps I took to try to...