Windows 10: computer stops functioning

Discus and support computer stops functioning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when my computer stops and screen goes black but the computer is still on I have to hold the off/on button in for five seconds to shut down and restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeneHeck1, Nov 24, 2019.

1. GeneHeck1 Win User

computer stops functioning

when my computer stops and screen goes black but the computer is still on I have to hold the off/on button in for five seconds to shut down and restart it

:)

GeneHeck1, Nov 24, 2019

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Nov 24, 2019
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Additional Image Upload Functionality

I know. That's why I was suggesting more functionality. :/

Kreij, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. computer stops functioning - Similar Threads - computer stops functioning

2. Bluetooth Stopped Functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Stopped Functioning: When the Bluetooth is on and connected to a device, and the device is selected as the output, Windows no longer plays sound through the Bluetooth device. It plays through the computer speakers. Changing the output does not work, nor does turning the Bluetooth off and on,...
  3. Bluetooth Stopped Functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Stopped Functioning: When the Bluetooth is on and connected to a device, and the device is selected as the output, Windows no longer plays sound through the Bluetooth device. It plays through the computer speakers. Changing the output does not work, nor does turning the Bluetooth off and on,...
  4. Bluetooth Stopped Functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Clipboard has stopped functioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard has stopped functioning.: My clipboard was working fine until today morning. When I open the clipboard by using shortcut Win+V, I get to see "nothing here" displayed always : , whereas earlier, I could see all of the recently copied texts and images.However, I am able to copy and paste things as usual...
  6. Bluetooth stopped functioning

Bluetooth stopped functioning: So, I was just watching some Youtube when my headphones Beats Solo3 suddenly disconnected. Thinking nothing of it I opened the notification panel to go into Bluetooth to just reconnect them, but to my surprise, the button was gone. I opened settings and the switch was gone...
  7. USB ports stopped functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ports stopped functioning: My PC has been working properly for the past year. Two days ago, all but three of my USB ports stopped working. I received the Windows 10 notification, "Power Surge on the USB Port." Now, all USB ports are listed in Device Manager but only three work. Windows does not...
  8. Computer not functional

Computer not functional: I have two HP monitors and a samsung smart tv connected to my graphics card. I turned my computer on and two of which werent funtional. I swapped out the wires and found that they all work but only one monitor can funtion at a time. There were no driver updates available so i...
  9. Search Bar Stops Functioning

in Cortana
    Search Bar Stops Functioning: Good Morning, Windows 10 pro 1909 ver. 10.0.18363.900 Office Professional Plus 2013 Utilizing Outlook 2013 I have discovered that starting the system, the search bar functions as it should, this morning, the only thing I accessed was Outlook Send And Receive, looked at an...
  10. Keyboard function stopped working

Keyboard function stopped working: Earlier this evening I must have had something sitting on top of my keyboard on my desktop Windows 10 PRO PC. My wife and I heard some beeps and tones. When later I went to type something, nothing happened. I use wireless USB keyboards. I thought the batteries died, so I...