Windows 10: Computer Storage problems.

Discus and support Computer Storage problems. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need urgent help! My computer has almost fully run out of disk space, and hasn't been able to run the basic windows 10 update from November 2019.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by computer.novice0690, May 28, 2020.

1. Computer Storage problems.

I need urgent help!

My computer has almost fully run out of disk space, and hasn't been able to run the basic windows 10 update from November 2019.

I have tried to delete things from my PC but all of my disk space is being taken up by the basic things that NEEDto be installed for my computer to run,

This has happened before, and I factory reset my computer however when I have tried to do this for a second time it seems i do not have enough disk space to even factory reset the computer.

The only option i have left is to clean the drives apparently I should do this if I wish to "recycle" my computer and would appreciate it if somebody could give my some advice whether I should clean my drives or not?

:)

computer.novice0690, May 28, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, May 28, 2020
  3. USB Mass Storage problems

To answer all three questions i have tried in all ports and nothing, and i have tried on another computer and it works just fine, so it is not the device itself, i got a recommendation from a guy I know at a local repair and hobby shop to remove the PATA133 controller card that i recently added and see what that does, if nothing there, next step is the PS3EYE drivers since that is the next recent thing on the list of changes, will update...

Thanks for the idea guys

Darth_Pewee, May 28, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

Computer Storage problems.

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Computer Storage problems.

1. Computer Storage problems. - Similar Threads - Computer Storage problems

2. Storage problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problems: I’ve got email that my storage is full and I must either clean up space or upgrade for more storage otherwise I won’t be able to send or receive emails, can’t save my photos to Drive or back up to google, apparently I’m already full in my iCloud 5GB which I can’t get into...
  3. Storage problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage problems: I’ve got email that my storage is full and I must either clean up space or upgrade for more storage otherwise I won’t be able to send or receive emails, can’t save my photos to Drive or back up to google, apparently I’m already full in my iCloud 5GB which I can’t get into...
  4. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem: Storage went low after system restore, my C drive went up after system restore, I lost 30 GB free storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-problem/168f5770-f963-4b75-887d-59b069f8f0c4
  5. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage problem: My device suddenly went out of storage, I have 500 GB now I have only 200GB left , I dont have that much files, its filling up all of a sudden https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-problem/0f460017-96c1-410d-add7-ced00ca0cd8f
  6. Storage Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Problems: I'm recently trying to free up some space, but I realised the Apps & Features had more storage than it showed. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-problems/da73dadf-8a1e-4842-8d10-11dc632e1a9a
  7. Storage Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Problems: I have 237GB in total available on my laptop. However, when I go into storage settings and check what's taking up space, it says It only says ''130 out of 180gb being used''. I'm not sure where the free space that I'm supposed to have is.Also, one of the biggest apps that's...
  8. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage problem: Hello, i wonder if anyone can advise me. I recently had a problem booting up my windows 10 PC, which I eventually fixed. I then found my available storage had reduced by about 10GB. I presume this is taken up by some sort of error dump from the previous problem, but don't...
  9. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage problem: Please help! I saw on the "File Explorer" at "This PC" that my D drive has 562GB free space, later i checked with CMD using "dir" command and I found that my D drive has 603GB free space. Can anyone tell me what happend and give some suggestions? Many thanks...
  10. Storage Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Problem: i have a pc and it asked for storage to do an update so i plugged in an EMPTY 2TB flashdrive and it is still asking me for more storage. i have done what i could to remove space but it is still asking for 1.4 or something GB, but when i remove the storage it asks for 4 Gb. I...