Windows 10: Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop

Discus and support Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So. My older laptop decided that it didn't want to deal with me anymore over Thanksgiving, and when I attempted to power it up to video chat with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kayla Dunaway, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop

So.

My older laptop decided that it didn't want to deal with me anymore over Thanksgiving, and when I attempted to power it up to video chat with my grandmother, there was apparently a problem that automatic repair found and couldn't fix. After thinking that a simple "turn it off and on aging" would work and has not, I've been trying to figure out how to at least get my files and abandon ship, if not find and fix what ever problem auto repair found and can't. I have no idea if the problem is software or hardware related and can not do a reset (I have files that will not be saved if I do so). Don't know too much of the ins and outs of computers, so sorry if this sounds dumb.

Thank you for you time.

:)

Kayla Dunaway, Jan 5, 2019

2. PC stuck in endless loop of trying to restore previous version of Windows and restarting.

Hi Dylan,

In order to help you with your concern about your PC which is stuck in endless loop, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What are the options that you see under Options and boot options? If you can, please post here a screen shot.
    • Was there a new hardware installed?
    • Were there new apps installed?
    • Have you done any recent driver updates?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jan 5, 2019
  4. panchoman Win User

Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop

Computer stuck in loop

on some mobos theres a option in the bios thats like "restart after power failure", and can get you stuck in an endless loop...

you shouldn't remove the battery to reset the bios anyway, the proper way is to use the jumpers while the battery is connected..

go and check your cpu temp from the bios if you can, see if there's some overheating going on, otherwise you might have to look out for things like memory gone bad, etc..

panchoman, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop

1. Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop - Similar Threads - Computer Stuck Endless

2. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on endless loop: I was updating windows 10But i got the we couldn't complete update reverting changes errorAfter 2-3 hoursI restarted my pc and now it is stuck in endless loopmeaning that it starts normally when a manufactuer logo appears it will go black screen then an loading circle appears...
  3. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on endless loop: I was updating windows 10But i got the we couldn't complete update reverting changes errorAfter 2-3 hoursI restarted my pc and now it is stuck in endless loopmeaning that it starts normally when a manufactuer logo appears it will go black screen then an loading circle appears...
  4. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory restart stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory restart stuck on endless loop: i factory restarted it and it keeps bringing me to “hi lets get to the basics” and when i do different options it says i needa login to administrator n i don’t know the password for it and i can’t restart the password for it either because it doesn’t even show a restart...
  6. Factory restart stuck on endless loop

Factory restart stuck on endless loop: i factory restarted it and it keeps bringing me to “hi lets get to the basics” and when i do different options it says i needa login to administrator n i don’t know the password for it and i can’t restart the password for it either because it doesn’t even show a restart...
  7. Factory restart stuck on endless loop

8. computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously

computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously: I am using my phone to type this question as the thing is, yesterday night, I had to factory reset my computer due to it was too laggy. After I started the factory reset process, the resetting progress was stuck at 89% for quite some time so I decided to off the computer and...
  9. computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously: I am using my phone to type this question as the thing is, yesterday night, I had to factory reset my computer due to it was too laggy. After I started the factory reset process, the resetting progress was stuck at 89% for quite some time so I decided to off the computer and...
  10. computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously