Windows 10: Computer stuck in auto repair and in X: drive

Discus and support Computer stuck in auto repair and in X: drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a used Pavilion 23 computer and it won't start up no matter what I try. I'm not good with computers technical bits but I have a good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Liam Lesiowski, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Computer stuck in auto repair and in X: drive

Hi, I recently got a used Pavilion 23 computer and it won't start up no matter what I try. I'm not good with computers technical bits but I have a good idea on how to use them. I would greatly appreciate any help as I really would like to use this computer.

:)

Liam Lesiowski, Jun 20, 2019

2. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

Man, I need help with this one.

I was playing a game when the system unexpectedly froze, and rebooted.

It got stuck half way through the reboot process, so I hit the Reset switch on the front panel.

It got stuck half way through the reboot process again, so I held the Power switch on the front panel for four seconds to shut down.

Half an hour later, I rebooted and the machine went into Automatic Repair mode, which failed.

Under Advanced options, I tried a recent System Restore, which succeeded in itself. But as soon as I rebooted, the machine went back into Auto Repair mode. I performed another System Repair to a few days earlier, rebooted and am still stuck in Auto Repair
    mode. It's like the machine isn't booting to the Restored files, but is stuck with the Auto Repair switch in the "on" position, as if the machine isn't aware a System Restore has occurred and there are different files to boot from.

I was able to get into the Command Prompt, which shows the Windows version as 10.1.17134.112. Curiously, underneath the displayed version number was the message "Not enough memory resources available to process this command." No idea what that means, as
    I hadn't typed in any commands yet.

The failed Repair listed a log file under C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\SRT\SrtTrail.txt but I was unable to find any such file. For starters, the Command Prompt had me in the X: directory, and wouldn't allow switching to C:. Secondly, there was an X:\Windows\System32\LogFiles
    directory, but it did not contain the SRT directory.

Can anyone make sense of this? I don't know what to try next.

Jim Simon 2112, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Computer stuck in auto repair and in X: drive

Windows stuck on auto repair

Hi Thomas,

Corrupted boot configuration data is one of the possible reasons why you are stuck on the preparing automatic repair screen. For us to assist you better, may we know if you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue? We suggest you to try to boot
    your computer from the Windows 10 media and perform an Automatic repair from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). The Automatic repair can detect and resolve the issues that prevent the computer from starting normally.
    You may refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 ISO and create the installation media.

You can follow the steps below to perform Automatic repair on Windows 10 computer:

• Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart your computer.
    • If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so.
    • When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click on Repair your computer
      to start the Windows Recovery Mode.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click on
      Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Computer stuck in auto repair and in X: drive

1. Computer stuck in auto repair and in X: drive - Similar Threads - Computer stuck auto

2. Stuck on Auto Repair Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Auto Repair Screen: I was stuck on boot for a while, and after restarting multiple times, this screen is the one that keeps popping up now. If I try restarting, I get a blue screen of death with an error code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Tried Safe mode. Blue screen of death with same error code....
  3. Stuck In Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck In Auto repair loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  4. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Auto Repair Loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  5. Stuck in Auto Repairing

Stuck in Auto Repairing: I’ve recently upgraded to an SSD and when turning my PC on I’m stuck in auto repairing I’ve reset my PC didn’t work I’ve went into the BIOS and made sure to boot from the new SSD still doesn’t work what do I do?...
  6. Stuck in Auto Repairing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Auto Repairing: I’ve recently upgraded to an SSD and when turning my PC on I’m stuck in auto repairing I’ve reset my PC didn’t work I’ve went into the BIOS and made sure to boot from the new SSD still doesn’t work what do I do?...
  7. Stuck in Auto Repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Stuck on Auto repair issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Auto repair issue: I have a problem that occurred days ago when finished playing, my computer starts slowing down until in went black screen. I tried force shutting it down big mistake. When I turned it back on my laptop start diagnosing my pc then I waited "Repairing disk error. This might...
  9. Stuck on Auto repair issue

Stuck on Auto repair issue: I have a problem that occurred days ago when finished playing, my computer starts slowing down until in went black screen. I tried force shutting it down big mistake. When I turned it back on my laptop start diagnosing my pc then I waited "Repairing disk error. This might...
  10. Stuck in the auto repair loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in the auto repair loop.: My PC failed to run an application. So I rebooted the PC and when I logged in the screen started to flicker so I waited 10 minutes and then turned off the PC. On restarting the PC, it got stuck in an automatic repair cycle.I tried startup repair did not workI tried Chkdsk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer stuck in x drive