Windows 10: computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool

Discus and support computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; please help, all my children's homeschool work is on the computer, i don't know what to do. I think my daughter pressed the power button and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Britteve, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Britteve Win User

computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool

please help, all my children's homeschool work is on the computer, i don't know what to do. I think my daughter pressed the power button and then quickly pressed it again to turn it off. Since then, it's stuck in a bootloop but will not boot the recovery tool screen. After the third time of turning it on & off, it says "loading automatic recovery" for a few minutes then it turns off and goes back to the "reconstructing cache metadata" screen with the spinning circle, and i left my computer on all night to see if it would eventually boot, and it didn't.

I've tried disabling legacy usb, I've tried it with unplugging my usb devices and then turning on, ive watched 100 videos and none of it has worked.. Please help. Thank you so much.

:)

Britteve, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Dami Win User

Windows 10 automatic repair bootloop

about 5 hours ago, my computer had a BSOD with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. After the restart, it gave the same error after 20 seconds of booting into Windows permanently. I then booted into automatic repair and went on to restore from a point. After the restore, my laptop got stuck in an automatic repair bootloop. I tried to do a reset but it says it can't find any admin accounts on my pc. Is there a way to fix this please ?.

3. Stuck on automatic repair loop

Hi Gurupad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have stuck on automatic repair loop after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 10, perform an Automatic Repair.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2020
  4. computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool

windows 10 'automatic repair' bootloop

Please note this was not a 'black screen' issue ( had that one too on another computer.. )

The computer did not boot to windows at all. it was stuck in a bootloop where it attempted to run automatic repair, but none of the auto repair options would allow it to fully boot into windows. The black screen I mentioned above occurred after I chose 'restore
    previous build'.. and occurred just after the BIOS. Basically once I restored previous build, no windows would boot at all.

The unfortunate solution for me was to fully format the OS drive and reinstall windows.

BoardPro2009, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool

1. computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool - Similar Threads - computer stuck bootloop

2. Automatic Repair Bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Bootloop: I turned on my laptop and found myself at "Preparing Automatic Repair" I've tried everything but to no success.- Restarting didn't work- Using command prompt didn't work- I tried to factory reset my laptop and it asks me to input my password, I've put the correct password in...
  3. Computer Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: So I recently purchased a new M.2 SSD, the Samsung 970 EVO, and I tried installing it yesterday. I wanted to install it into the second M.2 slot on my motherboard, but for some reason the screw was stripped despite never touching it before. I ended up having to force it out...
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair Bootloop Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing Automatic Repair Bootloop Issue: Hoping for some help here. I tired to boot up my PC this morning and it showed the Preparing Automatic Repair' screen and has been looping for probably 8 hours now. Tried all the troubleshooting, can't access the recovery environment or boot into safe mode or anything like...
  5. Preparing Automatic Repair - Stuck - Not loading Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Automatic Repair - Stuck - Not loading Windows: After a recent update, and a disconnect suddenly, PC is stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair". I rebooted several times including 3 times at on/off restart to try to get into Safe Mode. No success. Should my hard drive light be on while "Preparing Automatic Repair" is in...
  6. Windows 10 v2004 Automatic Repair Bootloop

Windows 10 v2004 Automatic Repair Bootloop: My Windows 10 v2004 and OS Build 19041.508 machine gets stuck on automatic repair bootloops at random intervals. Sometimes, after manually restarting multiple times, it will then start as normal but this is rare. I have tried everything to stop these errors, including fresh...
  7. Computer stuck in automatic repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer stuck in automatic repair: My pc was working completely fine, until i turned it off, when i tried to tun it on again it got stuck on that screen, not even showing loading, i dont know what to do, but no solutions online have worked for me thus far submitted by /u/jorgegalindov [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer stuck in infinite bootloop

Computer stuck in infinite bootloop: I was updating my version of windows 10 via the microsoft update wizard that the microsoft store redirected me to. The installer eventually got stuck at a certain percentage and wouldn't budge so I closed it. I tried reopening it and restarting the installation but it only...
  9. Stuck at Preparing Automatic Repair screen(Not loading)

Stuck at Preparing Automatic Repair screen(Not loading): [IMG] Hi i have recently encountered this problem when i shutdown manually using the power off button. I had no issues with this but recently it just gave me this problem. I only had my laptop for 1 month++ but im sure it not running at its fullest potential as i bought it...
  10. Stuck in Automatic Repair Bootloop and Recovery Options Won't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Bootloop and Recovery Options Won't Work: The Issue before the issue(this description is optional i guess): I tried installing a m.2 ssd on my new laptop and everything seemed to go fine during the cloning process. I soon realized the ssd wouldn't boot. Instead the internal hdd already in the laptop was being used as...