Windows 10: computer stuck in low resolution (1024x768)

Discus and support computer stuck in low resolution (1024x768) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new monitor for my computer and I tuned it on, everything was fine and working, it looked good. I go to bed and turn it on this morning and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leviathan56, May 30, 2022.

1. computer stuck in low resolution (1024x768)

I got a new monitor for my computer and I tuned it on, everything was fine and working, it looked good. I go to bed and turn it on this morning and the resolution is at 1024 x 768 so everything is wonky. I don't know how to fix it

submitted by /u/Leviathan56
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Leviathan56, May 30, 2022

2. Resolution stuck at 1024x768

I have an nVidia GTX 560 paired with a S23A550H samsung monitor and my resolution when using an HDMI cable has been stuck at 1024x768 even though my monitor supports up to 1080p (and is working perfectly).

When I connect the monitor through a VGA cable + DVI adapter it unlocks all the resolutions for me to choose but then the image is bad due to the VGA cable.

Things I've done so far:

a) Completely re-installed Windows (updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10);

b) Installed monitor driver;

c) Updated Chipset drivers;

d) Different HDMI cables;

e) Changed the slot for the graphic card;

f) Tried changing resolution via registry (found the strings on my own, changed then and it was still 1024x768 after restarting);

g) Obviously updated and unistalled and re-installed nVidia drivers.

h) Also tried to create a customized resolution via nVidia control panel but it did not work.

It all started when I got an old 20" monitor to replace my now-fixed monitor. It defaulted to 1024, allowing me to change resolutions back to normal just once which is weird. Since then, even when plugging my newer monitor, the resolution has been stuck
    at 1024.

I'm thinking at this point it may be a graphic card issue but I'm completely lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

arthurmoraesF, May 30, 2022
  3. Muckelper Win User
    Screen resolution stuck at 1024x768 on Windows 10

So after Windows 10 updated to version 1803 my screen resolution got stuck at 1024x768.

Tried every single solution on the internet for 3 days straight now including installing different older/newer drivers, uninstalling drivers, changing things in regedit and every other "solution" on both fortums and Youtube. Of course nothing worked so came
    to the conclusion I'd have to reinstall my entire computer. So I did and here I'm sitting with a clean Windows 1709 that STILL has the resolution stuck at f*cking 1024x768 and I've once again tried every single solution with drivers/edits/repairs. I'm so close
    to throwing the entire computer out the window right now and buying a Mac instead it's not even funny.

Is there seriously any other option in this observable universe that can get my resolution back to 1920x1080?

Muckelper, May 30, 2022
  4. computer stuck in low resolution (1024x768)

Resolution problems 1024x768 or higher

I just purchased an HP Notebook 15-ay011nr 15.6-Inch Laptop with windows 10. I have been trying to download software off a CD that I had used on a previous computer. I keep getting an error that says "resolution must be 1024x768 or higher. I have tried
    every resolution including that one and it keeps coming back with that same error. I did a driver update and everything is up to date. Any suggestions why this is happening or how to fix it?

CherylMoore63, May 30, 2022
Thema:

computer stuck in low resolution (1024x768)

1. computer stuck in low resolution (1024x768) - Similar Threads - computer stuck low

2. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?: A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up one monitor with a VGA connection but the second monitor is the issue. I was able to connect the monitor to the computer...
  3. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?: A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up one monitor with a VGA connection but the second monitor is the issue. I was able to connect the monitor to the computer...
  4. Screen resolution stuck at 1024x768

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen resolution stuck at 1024x768: Good day guys, I am having a screen resolution problem. Recently I have upgraded my rig, and after upgrading, my monitor resolution is stuck at 1024x768. I am using Dell E1912H which Native Resolution 1366 x 768 at 60 Hz, VGA Interfaces. Besides it's showing as non generic...
  5. Screen resolution repeatedly defaulting to 1024x768 @ 60hz

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution repeatedly defaulting to 1024x768 @ 60hz: Whenever my PC wakes from sleep mode while I have a game running, and sometimes even with no applications running my 1024x1080 144hz viewsonic monitor changes resolution. When this happens the only fix I have found is to use the joystick control on the back of my monitor and...
  6. Resolution is 1024x768 instead of 1336x768

Resolution is 1024x768 instead of 1336x768: it keeps doing this this after a while ive reinstalled win10 about 13 times and i don't want to because of this stupid bug/error or what ever. does anyone have a fix? all google searches lead nowhere and ms support wasted my time 6 times and told me to wipe the drive i don't...
  7. Monitor stuck at 1024x768

Monitor stuck at 1024x768: I just got new pc with 1050 ti and after plugging it(with vga to hdmi) my monitor (1920x1080) is stuck at 1024x768, this monitor is working perfectly because i used it on different pc and it worked. submitted by /u/achi4game [link] [comments]...
  8. Acer G246HL Monitor - Resolution suddenly stuck at 1024x768

Acer G246HL Monitor - Resolution suddenly stuck at 1024x768: I've had an Acer G246HL 24-inch 1920x1080p monitor for 5 years and until now it has worked without a single problem. However, I woke up my computer today and found that the monitor wouldn't wake up along with it. I rebooted my computer and then it did wake up....and the...
  9. Resolution is 1024x768 instead of 1336x768

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution is 1024x768 instead of 1336x768: Hi greetings, I have this annoying problem of my monitor (LG HD '16) not showing it's true native resolution of 1336x768 I know this monitor isn't broken because I tried different system on it and it works perfectly. I just recently build my old PC and upgraded some parts,...
  10. Low Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Low Resolution: Hello Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons...