Windows 10: Computer stuck in repair loop after update failure

Discus and support Computer stuck in repair loop after update failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to fix a computer. It crashed while updating the latest windows update. It got stuck at 20% of the update. Since the crash it got in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Overflow, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Overflow Win User

Computer stuck in repair loop after update failure

Hi,
    I am trying to fix a computer. It crashed while updating the latest windows update. It got stuck at 20% of the update. Since the crash it got in an unstoppable repair loop. While i did try many of the youtube video's fixes for this "repair loop windows 10" while using the command prompt it did not work for me. Evertime i feel i am progressing i hit this screen with white lines all over the screen (see attachment) and then there is some sort of a bios sound and the computer reboots into repair loop again.

The moment i try to enter safe mode . I hit the screen critical process died and we go back in reboot.

I tried to restore a previous version of windows but that didn't work neither.

Anyone that can help?

Thank you very much
    Computer stuck in repair loop after update failure [​IMG]

Computer stuck in repair loop after update failure [​IMG]

:)

Overflow, Apr 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 cumulative update failure

after the update failed I am now stuck in a boot loop.

"Winodws could not complete the installation."

How do I get out of this loop?

[Original title: windows 10 cumulative update failure]

24-7ComputerExpertsInc., Apr 9, 2018
  3. After install of critical updates windows 10 will not complete startup... hangs with spinning dots,,, screen flickers

Using the automatic repair was the first thing I tried.... Since Windows 10 was actually installed ( it was just stuck in some loop after installing certain critical updates ) the automatic repair did not find anything to repair. As I indicated earlier...
    Safe Mode does work and there is no looping when it comes up. I just don't know what to kill or remove to get the computer to complete the bootup in normal windows mode.....

MikeFauber, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Computer stuck in repair loop after update failure

Hi Overflow. Welcome to the TenForums @Overflow

Do you have recovery media (boot media) for the version you are using that you can boot from to try the repairs?

Not sure where you are with backing up your data but if you don't have a current backup or there are files on your devices which have not been backed up I would address this first. Kyhi's Recovery disk will allow you to boot and use standard windows processes to copy.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Once data is off the fastest root back to operational could very well be a clean install. Yes I know it is more work.

Clean Install Windows 10

Once operational I would look at the regular use of a tool like Macrium Reflect. Free, fast and reliable tool to restore your system.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Others may have a more finite resolution but in any event I would get my data backed up. Hopefully you have recovery media. You can likely still get 1709 usig the media creation tool although there was some talk 1803 would be released.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Computer stuck in repair loop after update failure

1. Computer stuck in repair loop after update failure - Similar Threads - Computer stuck repair

2. Stuck on a repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on a repair loop: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop and I don't know my admin password on my computer so I can't do any of the tools to try and fix it. How do I fix this?...
  3. Stuck on a repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on a repair loop: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop and I don't know my admin password on my computer so I can't do any of the tools to try and fix it. How do I fix this?...
  4. Stuck in automatic repair loop after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in automatic repair loop after update: A few days ago I installed an update and my computer got stuck in the automatic repair loop. I did a system restore and got out of the loop, but today when I booted my computer it was back in the loop. After doing system restore it looked like it was about to work until it...
  5. Stuck in automatic repair loop after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in automatic repair loop after update: A few days ago I installed an update and my computer got stuck in the automatic repair loop. I did a system restore and got out of the loop, but today when I booted my computer it was back in the loop. After doing system restore it looked like it was about to work until it...
  6. Stuck in automatic repair loop after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: So I recently purchased a new M.2 SSD, the Samsung 970 EVO, and I tried installing it yesterday. I wanted to install it into the second M.2 slot on my motherboard, but for some reason the screw was stripped despite never touching it before. I ended up having to force it out...
  8. Stuck at repair computer loop

Stuck at repair computer loop: Hi. My parent using laptop watch vids in YouTube. The laptop then suddenly restart. Every time now starting with "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC". And said log file can be found at D:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt . I found that the...
  9. Stuck in automatic repair loop after update

Stuck in automatic repair loop after update: I own a relatively new computer (May 2019) and upon updating, I get greeted with the option to choose a keyboard layout. I choose US and am asked to troubleshoot or turn off my pc. Clicking troubleshoot greets me with sevral options to help, none of which have worked to fix...
  10. Computer stuck in repair loop and stuck on grey screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stuck in repair loop and stuck on grey screen: Alright I have 2 issues which are linked So originally I was on my desktop just browsing the internet and my computer crashes, glitchy screen for a second and corrupted audio and then my screen goes black but my pc is still on. So I turned it off, waited a while then turned...