Windows 10: Computer stuck in restart mode after update

Discus and support Computer stuck in restart mode after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer just updated and now it is stuck restarting. How do I fix this without corrupting my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MIKEMiller2436, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Computer stuck in restart mode after update

My computer just updated and now it is stuck restarting. How do I fix this without corrupting my computer?

:)

MIKEMiller2436, Sep 11, 2019

2. Computer got stuck on Safe Mode

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As your computer is stuck in Safe Mode, try these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and in the run Window type
      msconfig.
    • Click the Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot if it is selected.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Computer stuck in restart mode after update

Computer hangups - stuck on restart

I have a Dell laptop running windows 10. Recently on restart it is getting stuck. I have to turn it off and back on until it goes into repair mode and gives me some options to troubleshoot. If I pick option 7 which reboots without app permissions I believe
    it will come back with some apps greyed out. So I can never update windows 10 anymore, or let the computer restart for any reason, or I have to go through the same steps again. I always get the message that changes could not be made. I tried all the recover
    options, with or without saving files, reinstalling windows 10, to no avail. It runs OK but I want to be able to do updates and so on, and want to restore my computer back to normal. Any suggestions?

CraigMcCausland, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer stuck in restart mode after update

1. Computer stuck in restart mode after update - Similar Threads - Computer stuck restart

2. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update: Yesterday My computer got updated after I plugged it in and now it’s on a loop with the restarting screenIt always shows the restarting screen, turns off, loads again and it shows the restarting screen, I tried booting safe mode by pressing f8 but it wont workPlease help...
  3. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update: Yesterday My computer got updated after I plugged it in and now it’s on a loop with the restarting screenIt always shows the restarting screen, turns off, loads again and it shows the restarting screen, I tried booting safe mode by pressing f8 but it wont workPlease help...
  4. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting: Hello, I received a new cumulative Windows 10 update and I wanted to install it. I downloaded it fine, but it's stuck at Installing 20% and won't progress. My internet connection works fine. But my laptop performs slowly and laggy when trying to let the update install in the...
  6. Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting: Hello, I received a new cumulative Windows 10 update and I wanted to install it. I downloaded it fine, but it's stuck at Installing 20% and won't progress. My internet connection works fine. But my laptop performs slowly and laggy when trying to let the update install in the...
  7. Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer stuck in restarting after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer stuck in restarting after update: after updating my computer it did a restart and it has been stuck since that and wouldn’t stop. my computer is Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-81KB and using Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Airplane mode stuck after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode stuck after update: Hi CORRECTION WINDOWS 10! Closing my Lenovo Thinkpad windows 10 core i5 vPro today i was prompted to "update and shut down" which i did. Turning it on again few hours later and it is stuck in airplane mode. Option is greyed out entirely no matter what. It has never done...
  10. Stuck in restart loop after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck in restart loop after update: I had a bigger update automatically download and install today. It said Windows may need to restart several times during the update. It has been stuck in a restart loop for several hours now. Laptop switches on, after about 15 seconds says restarting and the cycle repeats...