Windows 10: Computer stuck like this, no hotkeys work, cant ctrl-alt-del, dont know the black bar in...

Discus and support Computer stuck like this, no hotkeys work, cant ctrl-alt-del, dont know the black bar in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/glitchmasterYT [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/glitchmasterYT, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Computer stuck like this, no hotkeys work, cant ctrl-alt-del, dont know the black bar in...

/u/glitchmasterYT, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending updates?
    • Are you able to log into Desktop?
    • Is the issue specific to Ctrl + Alt + Del screen?

Black screen error can occur if the computer is not up to date with all Drivers and Windows updates. Install all pending updates and check if that helps.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Oct 7, 2020
  4. erik9631 Win User

Computer stuck like this, no hotkeys work, cant ctrl-alt-del, dont know the black bar in...

CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

Okay first of all.

It is DEFINITELY not a RAM problem. I have 16GB. The operating system is running in the background and is responding when I press CTRL + ALT + DEL, cause you can see the circle next to the cursor. The cursor responds as well..

Second, some people suggested me to use CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, I have not tried, but I will. Also this is not my problem. My problem is that the CTRL ALT DEL menu among which you can chose to turn on the task manager gives me black screen. Alt tabbing does not work with ANY software that is frozen in fullscreen, but that is normal.

On windows 7 this was not an issue. When nothing worked, ctrl alt del always worked.

On windows 10, CTRL alt deleting does not work, with some full screen applications.

erik9631, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Computer stuck like this, no hotkeys work, cant ctrl-alt-del, dont know the black bar in...

1. Computer stuck like this, no hotkeys work, cant ctrl-alt-del, dont know the black bar in... - Similar Threads - Computer stuck hotkeys

2. My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work: My computer froze and as ctrl+alt+del won't work I restarted by the power button but now in bios it does show windows boot manager but doesn't boot.I am on a SSD and I doubt if it's a SSD fault because its been only a year since it is used.So,I don't think it is corrupted....
  3. Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.: Hi,I hope someone can help me. I was on my laptop the other day and ended up with a malware pop up on my laptop. I did a Norton scan, and it said it fixed everything I just needed to restart for everything to be back to normal.. I've not been able to get to my home screen. I...
  4. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login": hello,i was restarting my pc to update windows 10, and when i was logging in i saw Ctrl + Alt + Del to login appeared, so i went to go disable it and... i cant? the option is just greyed out and i cant turn it off. This is my Personal Computer by the way.if anybody knows how...
  5. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login": hello,i was restarting my pc to update windows 10, and when i was logging in i saw Ctrl + Alt + Del to login appeared, so i went to go disable it and... i cant? the option is just greyed out and i cant turn it off. This is my Personal Computer by the way.if anybody knows how...
  6. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes: I noticed lately some of our machines, when they go to sleep hitting any key or ctrl+alt+del does not bring the login screen - it’s just flickers and goes away. Users have to reboot the machine which sucks. Anybody seen this issue before? submitted by /u/Poutcheki [link]...
  8. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  9. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...