Windows 10: Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

Discus and support Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after running Windows Update, you find that your Windows 10 is stuck on the Preparing to configure Windows screen for a very long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 1, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

WinClub, May 1, 2019

2. Computer Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows

Hi Reegan,

Your concern regarding the stuck on preparing to configure screen in Windows can be due to changes on your device configuration/settings or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build and version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run a full scan (SFC) and run a check health (DISM) command to rule out any issues related to corrupted system files which may prevent your device from starting properly.
    To do this, you can follow the steps on this Forum Article created by
    community MVP ZigZag3143.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, May 1, 2019
  3. CliveRW Win User
    My Computer is stuck on a green screen with "Preparing to Configure Windows"

MY Computer is stuck on a green screen with message - Preparing to Configure Windows... Do Not Turn Off Computer - even after powering off and on the same screen appears. No keyboard keys have any effect. Has been like this for over 8 hours

CliveRW, May 1, 2019
  4. Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

Preparing to configure windows stuck

I have wanted to restart my computer, after turning it back on it is stuck on a screen that says preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer. It has been like this for over 3 hours and ive got important work to do. I am on windows 10,
    using the Dell inspiron 15 5559

itsewelina, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

1. Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen - Similar Threads - Computer stuck Preparing

2. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a few times and it flashes back to this screen ... should I just wait it out?...
  3. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a few times and it flashes back to this screen ... should I just wait it out?...
  4. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on preparing to configure screen: Been stuck on this screen now for over 20 mins. I have no idea why pc is updated and I only ask to restart the pc because of the Xbox gamepass app would not sign me in or close down....
  6. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on preparing to configure screen: Been stuck on this screen now for over 20 mins. I have no idea why pc is updated and I only ask to restart the pc because of the Xbox gamepass app would not sign me in or close down....
  7. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

8. “Preparing to configure Windows/Don’t turn off your computer” stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “Preparing to configure Windows/Don’t turn off your computer” stuck: Hi, I’m using Surface Pro X. When I shut down my computer yesterday, it’s stuck with “preparing to configure Windows / Don’t turn off your computer” screen. I did not install or configure anything before this error happened. I was working on MS Excel and MS Word as usual....
  9. Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows"

Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows": Hi all. My Surface Go was getting a bit slow so I decided to do a factory reset. But it's been hanging on the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer" screen for over 5 hours. A cursory search on the net tells me this is not normal. My machine is the...
  10. Preparing to configure windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing to configure windows: Desktop was working perfectly. Noticed windows needed an update so installed and pressed update and restart. Its been on " preparing to configure windows, do not turn off your computer" all day. What can i do to get rid of this? Only had the pc pc desktop a day...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck on preparing to configure windows after running DISM