Windows 10: Computer Stuttering After Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Computer Stuttering After Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having an issue lately by lately I mean the past 5 months concerning stuttering I've been experiencing with my desktop PC. Ever since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by N A Cost, Dec 14, 2020.

1. N A Cost Win User

Computer Stuttering After Windows 10 Update

I've been having an issue lately by lately I mean the past 5 months concerning stuttering I've been experiencing with my desktop PC. Ever since I "upgraded" from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my PC has been stuttering like Professor Quirrell. It stutters when I'm using any Microsoft Office application, it stutters when I'm playing games, it stutters when I'm not doing anything, and it even stuttered as I was concocting this very thread. In games, my FPS drops drastically until it looks like a powerpoint, and in other applications, it simply stops, freezes, then immediately executes whatever commands I was trying to apply in the 2 or 3 seconds it was frozen. It's complete madness, and I am totally at my wit's end.

Allow me to share my PC specs first before I elaborate on what remedies I've attempted:

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 20H2, build 19042.685
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77M-D3h

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.90 GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

PSU: Not sure about the model, but I know it's 550W and that's pretty much all that matters regarding this component anyways
    SSD: Kingston SSDNow V100 256GB SATA II 3GB/s 2.5 Inch Solid State Drive SV100S2/256GZ

HDD: Western Digital Blue 2TB 3.5 Inch, not sure what exact version but it shouldn't matter that much since it's brand-spanking new!

If there's any other parts I forgot, or excluded such as my peripherals, device ID, product ID, and case, which likely matter not, please let me know.

Now, onto what I've actually attempted in order to remedy my issue:
    - I've checked the RAM to make sure it wasn't overclocked
    - Had my HDD replaced with what I currently have, and checked both my HDD and SSD for errors and bad sectors, of which none were found
    - Checked and cleaned my registry with CCleaner and manually; I've messed with directories and HKEYS I never even knew existed
    - Disabled Game DVR or GameBar, whatever it's called, as well as Ansel from NVIDIA's GeForce Experience program and any other recording programs
    - I've disabled Superfetch and Diagnostic Policy Services
    - I've updated my GPU and mouse's drivers
    - I've checked my display drivers and network adapter drivers
    - I disabled dynamic tick
    - I updated my motherboard's chipset drivers
    - I ran the netsh winsock reset command
    - Messed with having V-Sync on/off
    - Tried running games on my SSD instead of my HDD
    - Cleared out half the space on my HDD about 1 TB and half the space on my SSD about 130 GB

- Ran Malwarebytes, Avast, and yes, even Windows Defender to check for malware and viruses which, by the way, I have not been exposed to in over 12 years

- Capped CPU performance at 99% because of the "Intel Turbo Boost" deal

I've done just about literally everything short of going to the almighty Mr. Bill Gates himself in regards to this stuttering conundrum. My local computer shop guys couldn't help, my friend who's also all about computers couldn't help, and I simply have no idea anymore on what the issue is, how to fix it, or what it could even be.

All I know is that on that one fateful day on June 11th, 2020, I updated my computer's OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, foolishly believing the worst couldn't possibly happen, but then EVERYTHING CHANGED FOREVER. I humbly beseech you, random Microsoft support person, wherever you are, and whenever you read this, to please aid me in whatever manner you can and to the fullest extent you are able and allowed. Help me Microsoft support person, you're my only hope.

Sincerely and also Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, & Happy Holidays,

N A Cost

:)

N A Cost, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2020
  3. FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Computer Stuttering After Windows 10 Update

Computer stuttering then freezing

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

Suggest you to let us know the details of that update after which you started experiencing these issues.

Follow these steps to open the “view update history” screen:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Windows Update.

You will find “view update history” option in the left panel.

Further if you notice a similar trend in performance issues over different computers then you may also leave a feedback using the Feedback app.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Computer Stuttering After Windows 10 Update

1. Computer Stuttering After Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Computer Stuttering Update

2. Games stuttering after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games stuttering after windows update: After the I had updated my windows, I am now experiencing stuttering in games like World of Warships and Final Fantasy 14. My PC was not doing this before the update. I have already checked and made sure that windows, my graphics card and bios were all up to date. I also went...
  3. Stuttering after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuttering after Update: So after I updated to 20H2 version again after multiple tries before. I once again found the same problem with it in that my audio system and my mouse would start lagging/stuttering. What I mean by this is that when I watch some form of media be it on youtube or something...
  4. Computer "stutters" after Windows 10 update 20H2 update 19042.868

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer "stutters" after Windows 10 update 20H2 update 19042.868: Hello I face again an issue on my desktop since Windows 10 20H2 update. Stuttering twice per second : mouse move is blocked for an instant, video and sound stutter constantly. Computer not usable anymore except for basic functions. I tried many things , including...
  5. Computer stuttering after windows update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer stuttering after windows update: Hello, i'm experiencing some issues with my computer. I recently got windows 20h2 update by mistake and my computer is constantly sttutering sincce. Everything is sttutering, video, games, sound, mouse, system, constantly small cuts every 0.5 seconds. I tried...
  6. Windows Stuttering after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Stuttering after update: hello all, my windows updated a few days ago and since then i've noticed it stuttering, at first i thought it was my headphones, then speakers, read up and reinstalled drivers, didn't fix the issue, then noticed my mouse and other screens stuttering intermittently, usually...
  7. Windows 10 audio stutter after update.

Windows 10 audio stutter after update.: When I updated Windows 10, I got an audio stutter on my bluetooth headphones. I tried to uninstall the drivers and no effect. Tried with my iPad, works perfectly fine. I tried the method to switching the realtek drivers, and also not working. Specs are: Intel i5 9400F at...
  8. Stutter after update

Stutter after update: Hey I have this problem for almost 2 years now and I'm tired of resetting my pc almost every week to get it in a stable state... Is there a way to completly fix this? That would be awesome submitted by /u/LemonadeandCake [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer stutter after latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stutter after latest update: Hi, all new guy here. Can someone please let me know where I should start looking with this problem. After the last update when there is heavier network activity my computer would start to stutter and lag. I have checked Task Manager when this occurs, usually when I am...
  10. Stuttering Audio after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering Audio after Windows 10 Update: Hey, ive got stuttering audio after the windows 10 update I did last night, its continuing even after consulting various resources; attempting to uninstall drivers and restart; attempting to disable enhancements; attempting to change the default bit rate; etc etc. My...