Windows 10: Computer stuttering and eventually freezing

Discus and support Computer stuttering and eventually freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. So my computer has been stuttering then eventually freezing while using the computer. Funny thing is it does this when I am using a web browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Megatonkick91, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Computer stuttering and eventually freezing

Hello. So my computer has been stuttering then eventually freezing while using the computer. Funny thing is it does this when I am using a web browser and not when I am gaming. Or sometimes it just does it on it's own. WilliamDz provided me with a fix and it seemed to have worked for about a day. But just now my computer decided to freeze on me again while I walked away for a minute. This has been happening since January and it's really frustrating when I have to force reboot my computer 8 times a day. There was a solution about disabling the HPET. I followed this and it seemed to have worked on the majority of the stutters. There are still little stutters that occur and like I said it froze just now. There was something about using CMD to change the clock that the computer uses for timer. I tried that but CMD won't accept the command bcedit. If someone could please help me with this issue it will be much appreciated.

Here's the link to the previous post I made.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuttering-eventually-freezing/12a4d4b0-32d3-48e5-8705-f2bf30a84054

:)

Megatonkick91, Sep 19, 2020

2. Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing

Hello. So this started to happen back in January of this year. But since it didn't occur that often I let the issue go, but recently it's been getting very bad where I had to force reboot my computer 8 times a day.

Back in Jan we switched ISP and my computer started to experience stutters. this occurs most frequently when I am using my web browser. It started in Chrome. I tried other browsers because I thought chrome was having an issue. Firefox, Opera, Vivavldi, and
    Edge all seems to experience so I ruled out that issue. I thought it was my GPU. Swapped it out and still same issue. I did the same with RAM.

I checked my CPU load and at these moments when the pc starts to stutter, the CPU volts will spike to 100% and come back down. I checked the event logs and see errors like 4311, 2, 28, 7034, 65, 6008, 29, 41 and warnings like 10016. I know I got 6008 and
    41 because of my force reboot. The stutters seem to start when I go to pages like facebook, netflix, disney+, etc. But recently it's been happening even if the browsers are closed and when I am using things like VLC. I need help. This issue has been driving
    me nuts and can't seem to figure it out.

Also, I tried to run virus scans and I got nothing. We also tried to delete the drivers and reinstall them. Checked my NVME as well. Checked to see the load and there was no errors on the monitoring tool. I even got a new NVME to test this out and it was
    still getting stutters. Also reupdated BIOS but still not getting anything out of our efforts.

3. Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing

Hi William. The fix seemed to have fixed most of it. I just loaded twitch.com and tried to see if I got stutters. There was a slight stutter that also made my mouse lagged. too. Definitely a HUGE improvement than what it was before your fix. How would
    I configure from CMD so that I can change the clocks? The method you posted in your link doesn't work because CMD is rejecting the command bcedit even though I am configuring it from administrator mode.

4. Computer stuttering and eventually freezing

Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing

Thank you William for your reply. So for now it seems like the issue is gone. It was stuttering really bad when I disabled the HPET from Device Manager. But after a reboot it seems to run smoothly... for now... I will have to keep using my PC until it devices
    to show more stutters.

I tried to do the CMD command but it was saying that bcedit is not internal or external command. I ran it as ADMIN but still getting the error. This would be my second option of your fix if the problem comes back. But for now it seems good.

Quick question about HPET. Will my PC take a performance hit due to this being disabled? I read some thing and it was stating that it's used in AMD for performance boost. I'm just curious.

Thema:

Computer stuttering and eventually freezing

1. Computer stuttering and eventually freezing - Similar Threads - Computer stuttering eventually

2. Freezing Screen, eventual crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing Screen, eventual crash.: I've used Event Viewer and it appears bugcheck is responsible for my crashing, this is happening periodically, sometimes when I return from Sleep or Hibernate othertimes in the middle of using an application and I haven't been able to pin it down, any help would be...
  3. Freezing Screen, eventual crash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing Screen, eventual crash.: I've used Event Viewer and it appears bugcheck is responsible for my crashing, this is happening periodically, sometimes when I return from Sleep or Hibernate othertimes in the middle of using an application and I haven't been able to pin it down, any help would be...
  4. Freezing Screen, eventual crash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  6. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  7. Computer stutters and then freezes

8. Bluetooth Issue, Stuttering and eventual deactivation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Issue, Stuttering and eventual deactivation: Hi, So, I'm sure many of you have or heard of the Bluetooth issue that appeared a few months back after an update. Bluetooth starts stuttering and eventually breaks down and disappears completely from Device Manager, cause? not sure, seems to happen more often when I...
  9. Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing

Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing: Hello. So this started to happen back in January of this year. But since it didn't occur that often I let the issue go, but recently it's been getting very bad where I had to force reboot my computer 8 times a day. Back in Jan we switched ISP and my computer started to...
  10. Computer freezeing/stuttering

Computer freezeing/stuttering: So the last couple days ive been having issues with my pc. when playing games or just browsing reddit after a while i would go from 144 fps in a game to hard stuck 1fps. Even after alt f4ing the game my computer would get micro freezes and id be basically unable to do...